Mini Hoe Project

/ Mini Hoe Project #1  

pajoube

Veteran Member
Tractor
Former Owner PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)
Had a very large slab of cement that I needed to haul out or bury. Used the mini hoe to dig the hole and then used my forks to push the cement slab into the hole. Used the 4n1 bucket to fill in and the project finished in 2 hours.
PJ

Attachments

• 329731-Mvc-721f.jpg
    329731-Mvc-721f.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 700
   / Mini Hoe Project
The mini hoe really does a nice job with more than enough breaking power.
PJ

Attachments

• 329733-Mvc-722f.jpg
    329733-Mvc-722f.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 723
   / Mini Hoe Project
Another shot
PJ

Attachments

• 329734-Mvc-723f.jpg
    329734-Mvc-723f.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 643
   / Mini Hoe Project
Final shot. Found the mini hoe to be an excellent ripper. Turn the bucket out so that only the teeth are in the soil and then hit the reverse. Used this to dig a large ramp that had a very hard surface. Then put the bucket on and the rest was easy.
PJ

Attachments

• 329736-Mvc-724f.jpg
    329736-Mvc-724f.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 623
   / Mini Hoe Project #5  
Does the hoe have more controls or cylinders than what would be seen/used on a more convential machine?

/ Mini Hoe Project
No, actually less. You have no side to side movement, just turn the wheel which works very well. This is only a 9 inch bucket but the price is right.
PJ

/ Mini Hoe Project #7  
Nice job, Paul. That mini hoe looks really attractive in price, too. I've always wanted to get a CAD plans backhoe, but at less than half the price for just the kit(and not counting my assembly time) and as un-often as I would use a backhoe, the mini hoe is looking more and more attractive.

I noticed that you just leave your quick link hoses hang when not in use. I do the same thing for now. I am still keeping an eye out for some rubber plugs to put in them when they are disconnected, so that dirt or snow doesn't accumulate in them.

/ Mini Hoe Project #8  
Moss Road, WroughtnHarv build ont for his JCB skid steer.
I buildt one for a customers mini skid loader. I may start offerin a kit to fill up the slow days in the shop. I wished i Had the power tracks attachment plate dimentions to go from. My customer supplied a mounting plate for his mini hoe. I tink i made his for around 200 including materials and time.

/ Mini Hoe Project #9  
Taylortractornut,
I've admired your work in the other forums. You might get some takers on that offer. Maybe I'll PM you over the winter and we'll talk turkey /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Mini Hoe Project #10  
Taylortractornut,
Do you know were I can find the link on that skid steer hoe. I have seen on the ones on the internet for about $1700. I was wondering if they work as good as the people selling them say they do. If they do than I think I will put it on my project list. I think I could build a hydraulic one for a little over $500. I'm curious how much WroughtnHarv had into his.
Eric