Missing Serial Number

/ Missing Serial Number #1  

Solar Oak

Tractor
Magnatrac MH5000 and Bobcat X331
I recently bought an X331, without a serial number plate. A friend said that is not a big deal, because the number is stamped into the frame somewhere, and my mechanic would know where to find it. As you may have guessed, it's not.

I've read that there were several serial number breaks in that model and some of them involved some pretty big changes. Does anyone know where I can find a list of those numbers and the changes that were made in each? I'm hoping that will at least help me narrow down what my serial number could be. Thanks. Don

/ Missing Serial Number #2  
The serial number IS stamped into the frame. The location is not public knowledge, if the Bobcat dealer does not know which access panels to remove and where to look once removed they can contact Bobcat tech support for the information. If the machine is G series or newer (has one piece dash instrument panel with digital hour/RPM readout) the dealer can hook up service laptop and retrieve serial number from the controller.

/ Missing Serial Number #3  
   / Missing Serial Number
The serial number IS stamped into the frame. The location is not public knowledge, if the Bobcat dealer does not know which access panels to remove and where to look once removed they can contact Bobcat tech support for the information. If the machine is G series or newer (has one piece dash instrument panel with digital hour/RPM readout) the dealer can hook up service laptop and retrieve serial number from the controller.

Dennis, Can you tell me where to look? My mechanic said this machine was built overseas and they did not stamp the frame. The closest dealer wasn't much help, at all. I went to another one, about 30 miles away, and they are trying to help, but I haven't heard back from them, for about ten days. I have no idea what series it is (other than X331), but I suspect it is one of the older ones. No tach or hour meter.

/ Missing Serial Number
Many people think it is a "big deal" as way too many pieces of equipment are stolen. Some people would not even consider buying unless it has a tag and comes from someone with good history. A dealer can help you establish solid lineage for your purchase.

OPP seek excavator stolen from construction site in Lakeshore | Windsor Star

Ruff Dog, I only bought it because I was under the impression the number was stamped into the frame. So far, no one has been able to locate it. The story I was told, is that it was involved in a fire, and sent to a junk yard, where it was bought back. I suppose the junk yard pulled the plate. So far, dealers have not been much help, although one is trying. Don

/ Missing Serial Number #6  
Lots of burned/incinerated tractors in CA now...

Friend got a 22k check for his and keeps asking when it's getting picked up. Now it looks like salvage people don't want it... Looks awful, tracks burned, hoses burned but it starts.

Look for a lot of similar to hit the market...

/ Missing Serial Number #7  
Dennis, Can you tell me where to look? My mechanic said this machine was built overseas and they did not stamp the frame. The closest dealer wasn't much help, at all. I went to another one, about 30 miles away, and they are trying to help, but I haven't heard back from them, for about ten days. I have no idea what series it is (other than X331), but I suspect it is one of the older ones. No tach or hour meter.

Mechanic is incorrect. All Bobcat mini-X models 320 through 337 were built in Bismark, ND. If you post some photos of the machine I may be able to narrow it down to a serial number range. Would need photos of front, rear, both left and right side views, photo of guage panel, and photos of engine and hydraulic pump. If you can read the engine model number all the better since a few of the seven 331 variations included and engine change.

/ Missing Serial Number
Mechanic is incorrect. All Bobcat mini-X models 320 through 337 were built in Bismark, ND. If you post some photos of the machine I may be able to narrow it down to a serial number range. Would need photos of front, rear, both left and right side views, photo of guage panel, and photos of engine and hydraulic pump. If you can read the engine model number all the better since a few of the seven 331 variations included and engine change.

The pictures are no problem, but I'm not sure how to upload them to TBN. If you can email me at Solar_OakatYahoodotcom, I'd be glad to send you any picture you need. I really need to find that number, so some repairs can be made. Thanks.

/ Missing Serial Number

=========================
SSdoxie, I've got pictures. Now, if someone would tell me how to get them on TBN. Any chance you could send me the list of changes and the serial number breaks? Or, a website where I can find them. I might be able to figure it out for myself.

/ Missing Serial Number #10  
To post pic; Click on Go Advanced button below message box. In the top row of tool icons you will find an "attachment" icon. When you choose that a new window will open Manage Attachments, at top right corner of the window is "Add Files" click and find file with photos then click "upload". When you get desired photos uploaded to Manage Attachments click "insert inline" to post in message box. Note: use the space bar or enter button add separation between each photo thumbnail for easier and selection for those that may wish to view them.

Online parts website at Bobcat.com, go to Owners section, choose Find part numbers, then search by model number.