Buying Advice Mitsubishi K3D

/ Mitsubishi K3D #1  

topbuilder

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland 345D shuttle, Rayco RG 50 Super, Southern Tractor (Hinomoto) E-280
I recently bought a Toro 325D. Well used, poorly maintained. It has the Mitsubishi K3D in it. I changed all filters and fluids in the machine and the lower Radiator hose that blew 10 minutes after unloading off the trailer. It runs hot. It blew all the fluid out of the radiator. I pulled the thermostat housing, no thermostat. I'm not so sure that will fix my problem, but will start there. The only one I can find is nearly $80. Anyone know of a cross over part? I looked at Case IH 245 parts. $90...
The toro part # is 93-3524.

/ Mitsubishi K3D #2  
Why not start at the simplest and figure out where the blockage is?

With or without the thermostat you should still have it cycling in an open system, hopefully your waterpump is fine.

/ Mitsubishi K3D #3  
I had a Mitsubishi tractor for fifteen years. It never had a thermostat. In fact there was no place to put one. I could have purchased a $150 adapter to add a thermostat. I passed up the opportunity. I got my Mitsubishi parts and manuals from Valley Power

/ Mitsubishi K3D #4  
If I understand correctly, the Mitsu engines are often found in fork trucks, and refer units.
My Hurlimann has a K4F-D engine. No ready parts suppliers around that I have found. Knock wood, none needed! Like you, cross referencing is required just for filters etc.. Good Luck!

/ Mitsubishi K3D #5  
There are lots of suppliers around, the industrial K series Mitsubishi is just as common as the yanmar and they were used in everything. Mitsubishi built equipment under about 30 other brand names with those engines in them in everything from military generators and welders to airport cargo transports.

Case, IHI, Ford, New Holland, Ventrac, Satoh, Mitsubishi, John Deere, MIller, etc

However, lots of dealers have gotten lazy these days and will not look stuff up for you. If you dont walk in with a known partnumber for their brand, they will not find you anything.

Anyway, something simple like a thermostat you can likely get through sparex.

/ Mitsubishi K3D
I had a Mitsubishi tractor for fifteen years. It never had a thermostat. In fact there was no place to put one. I could have purchased a $150 adapter to add a thermostat. I passed up the opportunity. I got my Mitsubishi parts and manuals from Valley Power

I can believe it. The Toro thermostat is 169 degrees. In Texas summers that means if you are under any load, it's open all the time.

/ Mitsubishi K3D
I have not used them before. I will check it out. Thanks.

/ Mitsubishi K3D
Why not start at the simplest and figure out where the blockage is?

With or without the thermostat you should still have it cycling in an open system, hopefully your water pump is fine.

The water pump appears to be circulating. No visible blockage in the tubes. I'm going to run some CLR through it while waiting on the thermostat. No visible oil in the water. No visible compression coming out of the radiator or valve cover. Just eliminating possibilities before pulling the head. I will pull the water pump off before the head. Thanks.

/ Mitsubishi K3D #9  
The water pump appears to be circulating. No visible blockage in the tubes. I'm going to run some CLR through it while waiting on the thermostat. No visible oil in the water. No visible compression coming out of the radiator or valve cover. Just eliminating possibilities before pulling the head. I will pull the water pump off before the head. Thanks.
Then maybe it was just bad rated/mixed coolant. I would guess the radiator screen is clean, so you should have enough airflow.

/ Mitsubishi K3D
Coolant is all fresh/new. Radiator clean. HUGE in comparison to my 26HP tractor. It does have the hydrostat oil running through the bottom of it.