Modifying Your Grapple

/ Modifying Your Grapple #21  
a poor mans grapple i made out of a rear 3pl grab,

1693958808498.png

/ Modifying Your Grapple #22  
koshari - a true work of art. Does most everything mine does and didn't cost you north of $4500.

/ Modifying Your Grapple #23  
koshari - a true work of art. Does most everything mine does and didn't cost you north of $4500.
i had the hydraulics already from a rotating forks project that had a bin lid opener than i removed, on top of that i only needed a few pins and the euro brackets.

/ Modifying Your Grapple
i had the hydraulics already from a rotating forks project that had a bin lid opener than i removed, on top of that i only needed a few pins and the euro brackets.
Yeah, good deal. Very nice.

/ Modifying Your Grapple #25  
This is my favorite designed grapple

/ Modifying Your Grapple #26  
I have a root grapple and like it for big piles and rocks. What I use most of the time is a Ryan's rotating log grapple. With these you can approach the log/brush pile/ rock/etc at any angle and rotate the grapple instead of the tractor to get the best fit. You can also pick and carry logs/brush through narrow passages because you don't need to carry at a right angle to the tractor and it lets you extend it straight out front and even rotate to start the object through a narrow turn before the tractor gets there. It opens almost flat to compress brush and grab a large amount. The only negative is running an electric circuit to switch from open/close to rotation. Once you do that then it comes in handy for other attachments that need electrics like stump cutters, boom mowers, excavator thumb etc.

Attachments

• 1460 with oak log.jpeg
    1460 with oak log.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 53
   / Modifying Your Grapple
I have a root grapple and like it for big piles and rocks. What I use most of the time is a Ryan's rotating log grapple. With these you can approach the log/brush pile/ rock/etc at any angle and rotate the grapple instead of the tractor to get the best fit. You can also pick and carry logs/brush through narrow passages because you don't need to carry at a right angle to the tractor and it lets you extend it straight out front and even rotate to start the object through a narrow turn before the tractor gets there. It opens almost flat to compress brush and grab a large amount. The only negative is running an electric circuit to switch from open/close to rotation. Once you do that then it comes in handy for other attachments that need electrics like stump cutters, boom mowers, excavator thumb etc.
Yeah, that's nice. I was thinking of my approach on some limbs and it would be lice to have rotation.

/ Modifying Your Grapple #28  
If you're on the east coast, I'd look at the EA grapple...depending on how heavy duty you need it. I absolutely love the new EA grapple for grabbing just about anything.

EDIT: EA = Everything Attachments out of NC