Most useful implements?

/ Most useful implements?
Long story short, I have sort of "joint custody" of a zero turn mower, so I did not get a mower with my BX. If I don't get to keep the zero turn, I'll buy a mower of some kind for the BX.

I have never used a flail mower, but I read that they can be the best of both worlds as a brush cutter, and a grass mower, depending on the flails used on it. Can it cut grass as well as a finish mower, or even almost as well? I have centipede grass and cut it at 2.5". Once I level and top dress I will cut it at 2". I may convert to Bermuda eventually and will probably cut below 2" then if I ever get it leveled well enough.

/ Most useful implements? #72  
mwemaxxowner - I like that you are specific about your plans and needs.

Some initial thoughts, on what I bought with my Kubota package deal...

Loader - essential for my needs, not a 3 pt hitch item though
BOX BLADE - this thing is terrific, especially good for levelling driveway, I use it to beat up snow and ice, and it is a great ballast weight also when needed
AUGER - my machine is pretty small, the auger is great, but limited in capacity
ROTARY MOWER - excellent piece of equipment, but not terribly useful for my needs right now. I should have stayed with the pto MID-MOUNT MOWER, lots of tight areas on the yard
Grapple - again, not a 3 pt hitch item, but probably my favourite piece
Quick Attach - easier, useful, but not essential

MY wish list: wood chipper, pallet forks, mid mount mower, perhaps a cement mixer

Happy planning, have fun

Awesome, thanks!

I can't remember what I've updated the thread with, but I've decided solidly against a 3ph auger. I have a 2 stroke auger which works fine, and I don't put up THAT much fencing.

I already have a set of forks from Redline, and I do want to o add "the thumb" to it. If that doesn't totally scratch my grapple itch I'll get the 48" wicked grapple. Box blade will be non negotiable. Once I have the funds saved that's a done deal for me.

I've mowed a lot with a rotary mower, but that was on the property where I grew up. 3 open acres of field. I don't think I'd relish using one here on my property. There is a lot to mow around. However, a MMM seems like a love it or hate it type of thing.

I have 65 old Leland Cypress trees, and a handful of oak and maple trees, pecan tree, two magnolia trees, and several old and huge for what they are crepe myrtles. Probably some trees I'm forgetting. I make huge brush piles several times a year that I drag to the road for pickup, and I'm told Lelands only live about 30 years. These are over 30, so I'm anticipating having to drop them sooner than later. It might seem useless to get a grapple mainly for that one purpose, but I'm sure I'll have other needs for it, and I think I'd get my $2000 worth of use just on that job.

Oh yes, that's on my list too!

I could spray my yard in no time with 10' passes.

/ Most useful implements? #76  
Tool Box, and a (coffee) cup holder :)

/ Most useful implements? #77  
Most useful, most expensive, and biggest maintenance. Harley Rack.

Best,

ed

When I was landscaping we used a power rake frequently to ready yards for sod.

I've checked them out but they are far too expensive for what little I'd need one on the 3ph. I'm going to want a tiller and a box blade and I'll get by with those.

/ Most useful implements? #79  
When I was landscaping we used a power rake frequently to ready yards for sod.

I've checked them out but they are far too expensive for what little I'd need one on the 3ph. I'm going to want a tiller and a box blade and I'll get by with those.
Man it was like pulling teeth for me to part with the money, but, in my crappy rocky clay, nothing else will do. Hopefully you have black dirt and it is 10 inches deep.

Best,

ed

I have sand. Lots and lots of sand.