Most useful implements?

/ Most useful implements? #181  
I've really wanted a tiller, but I've continued to hesitate to spend the $2000 on one, and I never see any used ones for sale.

I happened across a 5' disc harrow for $300 on Marketplace, so I decided to try it. I wasn't sure about my BX's ability to lift one, or whether I'd be at all satisfied with the performance of a 5' disc on unbroken ground.

I have a small garden I like to tend, but I really was interested in one for discing up and renovating lawn areas. I had a neighbor with a really neglected back yard who asked me a while back to "plow the whole thing under and start over".

So I tried the disc harrow out in her yard and was very satisfied. I spent about 3 hours going over it, so it was time consuming. But, for $300 I'm happy vs $2000. There were a lot of roots and rocks, so I think a tiller would have been a bad idea anyway. By the time I finished up the areas without roots had the disc cutting down as deep as it can go. I threw about 100# on top of it (ratchet rake and 30' chain) before I started working up the back yard. I think I will let it sit and dry for a week or so, maybe disc it one more quick time, and start grading and smoothing.

It's a bit of an uncommon implement to see behind subcompacts, but I think this might wind up being one I like having.

View attachment 776159View attachment 776160View attachment 776161

View attachment 776162View attachment 776163
Hopefully you didn’t kill any trees

/ Most useful implements? #182  
Ok this I like
Biggest problem I have with forking my piles is when things are cut short, typically from shorter pine slash, they fall out between my forks.

You bought an extra pair of tines for the fork?
Yes, kinga heavy but I get-by with them by hand stacking or laying slash perpendicular

Next logging op, I hope to use the procedes for a grapple; better than paying taxes on a k schedule....🤓 1122221003a.jpg

/ Most useful implements?
Ha ha, I started reading the first post on this thread where you @mwemaxxowner had a little white you got from your dad with no front loader and skipped to the end of the book where you now have a Kubota with a grapple. Seems that tractor math got you too ! :p
Actually I was shopping for a trailer. The local Kubota dealership is a dealer for Hudson Brother's trailers. They are a local manufacturer known for good trailers.

I was on their website, and they had ads all over the place for BX tractors at 0%. One thing led to another and I have a trailer and a BX.