Mount Tires by Myself?

/ Mount Tires by Myself? #31  
The older I get the more I like the idea of paying a young guy who has the expertise and already has the correct tools. That idea applies not only to mounting tires but also to roofing and to pumping hay bales.

/ Mount Tires by Myself? #32  
I have the HF manual tire changer and have done the modification to add the duckbill as many have done on youtube. I recently mounted some p235 75r15s on steel rims pretty quickly without any problem. Two aired up easily. Two were a total pain. The biggest thing with the manual tire changer is finding a solid place to mount it. I bolted it to a stump temporarily for the one job.

Wouldn't dare mount aluminum rims.

Have done a few lawn mower tires.

The guys at the tire shop are like Nascar level tire changers. I am not one of them.

/ Mount Tires by Myself? #33  
I've done a few. I'll be honest, at least for me it's always been a hassle, but I prefer to diy whatever I'm able to. Tire irons make it easier, u could buy a 3 set on Amazon for $15 or so. Actually I just did a tire on my trailer last week, I used my loader to break the bead. I rested a wood block on the tire edge, pressed it down with the loader.

/ Mount Tires by Myself? #35  
I prefer doing tractor tires over car tires my self.
Usually break them down right on the tractor.

/ Mount Tires by Myself? #36  
Unless you have some gear made for that job you might find it a monster PITA. I got my ass kicked by a lousy little 13" tire.
Smaller tires are way harder than bigger ones. Not as much space to flex, try a 6 or 7 inch some time

/ Mount Tires by Myself? #37  
Bought a HF tire changer for the small PITA tires. Welded 2” square tubing to the base so I can use a trailer receiver to secure it.

/ Mount Tires by Myself? #39  
A fact that requires one to think about it a moment. But it's smaller, I should be able to beat it up easier~!!!
Yeh, one would think right? But for sure, a car tire is hella easier to wrestle on and off a rim, compared to a little thingie that goes on a trailer or tractor...and the thicker the ply the more you'll be using not very nice words while working yo azz off!

/ Mount Tires by Myself? #40  
I recently replaced the front tires on my GC2610. It was cheaper to buy new Kabota tires and wheels, already mounted than any tires alone that I could find. My Massey now has orange front wheels. Whatever was used to load my rear wheels appears to have seriously rusted the rims. I expect to need new rims when the tires are shot.