Mt 240he hydro cavitation?

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation?
Got an update fellas. Went to a different dealer about an hour and a half away and talked to their service guy. Showed him the video of my tractor making the noise. He got excited and said he has another one in his shop right now doing the same thing and the LS national tech is coming out next week to start diagnosing it. So hopefully we can get an answer on this soon. Dealer said once the tech gets it figured out I can bring mine in to be fixed.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #22  
nice, looking forward to another update

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #25  
Any updates on this? Also, my dealer, Parkway Equipment in Loxley AL asked me for the other dealership name where the issue is trying to be worked on...
...if you have the name of the dealership the tractor with the same issue went to it would be helpful to find out which service tech that was. There was a company service meeting at the factory, our LS Service Tech talked to the other techs they did [not] know which dealership it was. We are ordering a relief valve for yours if that doesn't cure the whine we will then go deeper into the system.

Last edited:
   / Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #26  
Very interesting because my new Workmaster 40 has this identical issue. Please update with the results when you get yours fixed. Mine does this on every cold start each morning. Roughly 10 seconds and then it won't do it again until the following day.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #27  
Since there has been no new data in this thread, my tractor will go in the 16th to have the relief valve replaced to see if that helps. Also checking on REGEN issues I've been having too, I get repeated regens between 3 and 15 hours.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #28  
Since there has been no new data in this thread, my tractor will go in the 16th to have the relief valve replaced to see if that helps. Also checking on REGEN issues I've been having too, I get repeated regens between 3 and 15 hours.

Yeah please let us know. Any info is good.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #29  
will do, I expect it to be there a few days past the 16th as they check to see if the replacement worked, as you have noticed, it really only does it on the first start of the day.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation?

Nope, nothing new yet. There are two valves in the hydro filter base that may be suspect as they are the highest point in the system. I really want to pull them out and check for debris/damage but don't need to get into a problem voiding the warranty.

What oil are you using in your engine?