MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info.

/ MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info. #1  

matthk

Tractor
mitsubishi mt 180 hmd
Hi all, I recently bought an MT180HMD, which so far I love. I have a couple questions that I couldn't sort out looking at the manuals:

1) it didn't come with a drawbar. Can anybody show me what the drawbar looks like and how it attaches to the tractor? I figure I can get or make one if I know how it's supposed to attach.

2) the 3pt hitch stabilizers aren't hooked up right, and I can't find a picture of how they're supposed to be mounted. The ends that bolt to the tractor (not the ends bolted to the 3pt arms) are hanging free, and I don't know what holes in the tractor they should be attached to. Anybody able to provide a pic?

3) currently it doesn't go into 4wd. the lever moves, but not very far (maybe half an inch). If I push on it while driving, i can feel a very slight tapping, like maaaaybe it's bumping gears, but nothing like the grinding i'd get if for example I tried to shift from N to Low without the clutch. Any clever ideas what might be wrong there?

It has a KMW K-90 loader, but I couldn't find any specs for the loader. The tractor makes exactly the factory-recommended 1920psi of hydraulic pressure, so I measured the lifting force at a couple of different positions. Here are the results in case anybody wants this info:

Bucket lip, knee high, boom lift: 816lb
Bucket lip, knee high, bucket curl: 864lb
Front bucket-mounted trailer hitch, knee high, boom lift: 782lb (this is the limit for the tongue weight it can lift)
Bucket lip, head high, boom lift: 542lb (almost exactly 2/3 of the knee-high lifting force)
Fork tip, waist high, boom lift: 480lb
Fork tip, waist high, bucket curl: 390lb
Fork root, waist high, boom lift: 510lb

Thanks for any help!

/ MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info. #2  
   / MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info. #3  

Attachments

• MITSUBISHI MT180H HD HST TRACTOR INSTRUCTION BOOK.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 102
  • MITSUBISHI MT160 MT180 INSTRUCTION BOOK.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 113
   / MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info.
Thanks folks, I already have the manuals and looked through them for my questions (and a bunch of others). The questions I posted are the ones I couldn't figure out from the manuals. It's certainly possible the info I want is in the manual and I just couldn't find it.

/ MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info. #5  
I think all three of your questions are answered. I'll admit the picture quality isn't that great, but they are there. It also talks about shifting gears ONLY while stopped. And all I did was a quick scan. 🚜

/ MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info. #6  
#2: Can you post a picture of what yours looks like?

#3: On my MT210D, the 4wd lever moves a few inches at least. I've had to lube the detente ball in the lever several times, since it was keeping the lever from moving forward into 4wd.

If that isn't it, you may be able to take the lid off the transmission (with the shift lever) and take a look-see at what's down there...

/ MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info.
Thanks folks! I got the 3-point figured out (it was definitely not connected correctly, but is now). That case manual does give me something of an idea how the drawbar is supposed to work, I'll keep digging on that.
With regard to 4wd, I got it to engage, but it's flaky. It doesn't stay in 4wd, and it's unclear how/why is disengages. It kind of does the same thing with high gear, sometimes it goes right in, but other times the engagement point seems to move. Taking the lid of the trans is a good idea, I'll have a look in there when I get a chance (good opportunity to see what the trans/hydraulic oil looks like too).

I found the perfect ROPS for it by sheer luck recently, which I was very happy about:

L7LUtZP.jpg

/ MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info. #9  
Thanks folks! I got the 3-point figured out (it was definitely not connected correctly, but is now). That case manual does give me something of an idea how the drawbar is supposed to work, I'll keep digging on that.
With regard to 4wd, I got it to engage, but it's flaky. It doesn't stay in 4wd, and it's unclear how/why is disengages. It kind of does the same thing with high gear, sometimes it goes right in, but other times the engagement point seems to move. Taking the lid of the trans is a good idea, I'll have a look in there when I get a chance (good opportunity to see what the trans/hydraulic oil looks like too).

I found the perfect ROPS for it by sheer luck recently, which I was very happy about:

L7LUtZP.jpg
I also own an 180D. and have all factory books.

From the above photo I suspect you are wearing the wrong tires.
Fronts should be 5 X 12 and rear 9,5 X 18 R3's
(ps, 9.5 r3's are nowhere to be found)

/ MT180 drawbar, 3pt stabilizer, and 4wd questions. Also some front end loader capacity info. #10  
I have a MT180D as well - 4WD is very easy to engage on mine; just slip the handle forward to engage. Are you speaking 4WD (right side of tunnel) or the Diff Lock that is behind your right heel?