Multi ripper attachment

/ Multi ripper attachment #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
This is the start of a multi ripper attachment I am working on. I will be using the forks on my PT along with a 2 inch hitch setup. Not sure how well this will turn out, but since I have no welding equipment this is how I plan to go about it.

If it takes the stress of digging around tree stumps trenching, pulling up rocks and such then I will make other interchangeable attachments for it, such as an electric winch, towing adaptor and so on. I will update when it is done.

Attachments

• RipperFrt 1.JPG
    RipperFrt 1.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
   / Multi ripper attachment
Other parts.

Attachments

• Ripperbst2 .JPG
    Ripperbst2 .JPG
    239 KB · Views: 439
Another view.

Attachments

• RipperFrt2.JPG
    RipperFrt2.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 345
Just an update for anyone interested . I rigged my ripper attachment to the forks today, to see how strong the tube would be... plenty strong. I also ordered a shorter tube for closer work. It has a pin at the base to change to the shorter tube, and one at the front for other attachment plug in's, and a boom.

Since I don't have any welding equipment, this was the only way to test it out. I will be looking for a local welder in the next few weeks to weld this to an attachment plate with bracing. It will be great for trenchs, pulling up rocks and roots. First picture.

Attachments

• Ripper 5.JPG
    Ripper 5.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Making a small trench worked well.

Attachments

• Ripper 6.JPG
    Ripper 6.JPG
    445.2 KB · Views: 483
Another shot.

Attachments

• Ripper 7.JPG
    Ripper 7.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 478
A little deeper.

Attachments

• Ripper 10.JPG
    Ripper 10.JPG
    450.3 KB · Views: 400
Here's another tree stump that needs to come out. I just clawed around it to see what it would do. Since I don't have a mini hoe yet, this will come in handy around here until I can make one.

Attachments

• Ripper 8.JPG
    Ripper 8.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 300
I took the truck into town and had someone help me load this 300 pound tree trunk into the back. I do rustic wood working, and plan to make a table out of this for my down stairs.

I used the PT, and forks to lift it out of the truck. I had to rest it against this tree to keep the the hydraulic bleed off from letting it down... while I took the picture. It's hard to tell from this picture the size of this thing, but I can tell you first hand it's really heavy.

Attachments

• TreeTable1.JPG
    TreeTable1.JPG
    835.9 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Another one a little dark.

Attachments

• TreeTable2.JPG
    TreeTable2.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 301