Mutant fly?

/ Mutant fly? #1  

Mace Canute

Elite Member
I just caught the strangest fly on a sticky strip! It's a normal size for a housefly, and everything from the abdomen forwards looks normal but it has a pure white abdomen with three rectangular brassy colored bars crossways on the top of the abdomen. The bars are very well defined too, sharp 90 degree corners. I wish I had a camera to take a pic, cause it is definitely the weirdest fly I have ever seen!

/ Mutant fly? #2  
I think it is a Stable fly and be glad you got to him first they bite like he11.You can google it and they will have a photo I am sure.

/ Mutant fly? #3  
Look closer. If it says "Help me. HHhheeelppp me!" squish it! :laughing:

/ Mutant fly? #4  
I just caught the strangest fly on a sticky strip! It's a normal size for a housefly, and everything from the abdomen forwards looks normal but it has a pure white abdomen with three rectangular brassy colored bars crossways on the top of the abdomen. The bars are very well defined too, sharp 90 degree corners. I wish I had a camera to take a pic, cause it is definitely the weirdest fly I have ever seen!

I know exactly what you have Mace....Your hint should have been the Bars...You have a very rare Bar Fly You could do a service by returning him to the Bar nearest where you found him....might be a reward !:laughing:

/ Mutant fly?
Jeff, I looked up Stable lies and although they are a bit similar in that both have markings on their abdomen, it isn't what you would call a match. This fly is about half again as large as a Stable Fly and the coloration isn't anything close either. I think it's just a one off mutation.

/ Mutant fly?
Brin, not a Bar Fly (drosophila melanogaster)! The fly I caught is a good 4 times larger than drosophila melanogaster.

/ Mutant fly? #7  
You caught a rogue CIA drone fly. you MUST release it or face the wrath of Jack booted thugs.:laughing:

/ Mutant fly? #8  
Might be an Alien .... Don't touch it :laughing: