MX series tires

/ MX series tires #1  

presnewt

Silver Member
Tractor
Steiner 440
I am looking at the MX series with 4wd and HST. The image on the kubota website shows a tire that I would not consider an ag tire. It looks more like a mix between an ag tire and a turf tire. Most of the work I will be doing will be bush hogging pasture, some hills and some low areas that may be damp. Are those tires gonna give me enough traction to be comfortable on some slight slopes and muddy areas. Thanks

/ MX series tires
Thanks for the R14 link. I will try to find the other link but the tires I am seeing in a lot of pictures looks like the industrial tire option. I am really afraid that the industrial tire is gonna slide on hills and cake up with mud in wet areas. I have looked at some kioti info on the web and their tractors seem to have the ag tires.

If anyone has the other link, please post it. W hen I go to Kubota's "build your tractor" function on their website, the standard is an R1 tire, but the pictures just don't look like an ag tire to me.

/ MX series tires #4  
Usually, any of these compact tractors can be ordered with any of the 4 types of tire. For example, while Kioti shows Ag in their pictures, mine came ordered with R14s. Many Kubota buyers are doing the same.

/ MX series tires #5  
Get the R1 tires (and have them loaded) and you won't have to worry as much about traction. The R1 is the most superior tire for traction.
I had to get the dealer to switch the R4 to R1 when I bought my new MX5400.
My opinion is R4 and R14's are sold because it looks "cool" by being wider.
I usually don't get my tractor out if the ground is wet unless I'm grading my driveway.

/ MX series tires #6  
Get the R1 tires (and have them loaded) and you won't have to worry as much about traction. The R1 is the most superior tire for traction.
I usually don't get my tractor out if the ground is wet unless I'm grading my driveway.
And to further your point, wider R-1 tires are available, if you want more flotation.

/ MX series tires
That is what I am thinking. R1 tires will be the best for my situation I think. My biggest worry is that the used Kubotas I see seem to have the other tires and I doubt I can afford to replace perfectly good tires.

/ MX series tires #9  
That is what I am thinking. R1 tires will be the best for my situation I think. My biggest worry is that the used Kubotas I see seem to have the other tires and I doubt I can afford to replace perfectly good tires.
I think swapping from R4 to R1 requires getting different size wheels also.

/ MX series tires #10  
Not as a dealer option on a new tractor.
Mine had it as an option. Maybe some models do not. If they are not offered as an option, one could buy them from a tractor tire shop, have them installed, and sell their new factory take offs

Last edited: