MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start...

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #11  
Is the parking brake disengaged?

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start...
   / MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #13  
Please let us know what turned out to be the issue. -always good if we have a problem in the future! THANKS and good luck!

Please let us know what turned out to be the issue. -always good if we have a problem in the future! THANKS and good luck!

I will ask Larry when I see him and definitely find out. Because we we climbed all over it trying to figure it out.

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #15  
I will ask Larry when I see him and definitely find out. Because we we climbed all over it trying to figure it out.

did you get a chance to try your own hydro tractor pointed downhill and put into N. ?

did you get a chance to try your own hydro tractor pointed downhill and put into N. ?

Yes, I did! And it rolled like you guys said it would. That's why I am confused about the other tractor. I will see Larry this weekend and find out. I am wondering how he got the tractor on the trailer with the tires locked up.

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #17  
Yes, I did! And it rolled like you guys said it would. That's why I am confused about the other tractor. I will see Larry this weekend and find out. I am wondering how he got the tractor on the trailer with the tires locked up.

Only thing I can think of is something broken in the manual transmission (range) gears or the final reduction gearing. I guess it could be in the front end differential also if it was still selected for 4wd. Did you try taking it out of 4wd? Something somewhere has it locked up. But the hydro motor and the hydro pump are all in front of all of that, and I doubt it has anything to do with the hydro.

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #18  
Sorry double post.

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #19  
Only thing I can think of is something broken in the manual transmission (range) gears or the final reduction gearing. I guess it could be in the front end differential also if it was still selected for 4wd. Did you try taking it out of 4wd? Something somewhere has it locked up. But the hydro motor and the hydro pump are all in front of all of that, and I doubt it has anything to do with the hydro.
Ya, I concur. It sounds like the OP understands what a fun ride it can be out of gear. That just leaves not actually getting it out of gear correctly or something breaking in the drive train in or behind the transmission.

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #20  
I would be very interested to know what is found when it is all said and done.