MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start...

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #21  
I would be very interested to know what is found when it is all said and done.

Me too - this is one we can all learn something from.

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #22  
Me too - this is one we can all learn something from.

While we are waiting, and just for fun, I will speculate that it could be something broken in the differential lock linkage/coupler. Of course it is just idle speculation.

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start...
While we are waiting, and just for fun, I will speculate that it could be something broken in the differential lock linkage/coupler. Of course it is just idle speculation.

I talked with Larry today. The tractor fixit guy went out and tried to start it. He went over the various things it could be. It would not start because the solenoid on the starter was bad. He managed to get it started and on the trailer by jumping the starter. With it not running it would be hard to load it up with the bucket down and tires locked up. It is at the shop right now and will find out what the xmission problem could be. More than one problem and that complicates it.

/ MX4700 HST...how to tow if the engine won't start... #24  
I talked with Larry today. The tractor fixit guy went out and tried to start it. He went over the various things it could be. It would not start because the solenoid on the starter was bad. He managed to get it started and on the trailer by jumping the starter. With it not running it would be hard to load it up with the bucket down and tires locked up. It is at the shop right now and will find out what the xmission problem could be. More than one problem and that complicates it.

Calculate the chances of two separate problems at opposite ends of the tractor. :confused3: