My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #71  
PitbullMidwest said:
LBrown, I'm trying to visualize how your setup will work once completed. Could you post a pic to help me out?

The white barb fitting goes to the hose for filling the tractor.
The first brass barb fitting goes to a hose that attaches to the brass barb fitting on the white 30 gallon storage drum.
The second brass barb fitting goes to another hose to use for pumping from one to 5 gallons cans etc and to unload a 30 gallon drum of fuel off my pick up.

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #72  
LBrown59 said:
Did you get this built yet ?
What fitting did you get to go from the tank to the pump and the tank and the suction tube inside the tank?:confused:
I can't seem to find a fitting that will work for this anyway anywhere.

No not yet. Still waiting on the tank and pump to be delivered from Northern.

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #73  
MoyieMike said:
No not yet. Still waiting on the tank and pump to be delivered from Northern.
Mines about done except for the nozzle that I'm waiting for.
Northern sent me an E-mail that it was shipped yesterday.
== L B ==

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #74  
LBrown59 said:
The white barb fitting goes to the hose for filling the tractor.
The first brass barb fitting goes to a hose that attaches to the brass barb fitting on the white 30 gallon storage drum.
The second brass barb fitting goes to another hose to use for pumping from one to 5 gallons cans etc and to unload a 30 gallon drum of fuel off my pick up.
pump picture

Attachments

• 100_2296.JPG
    100_2296.JPG
    736.8 KB · Views: 295
   / My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #78  
The caddy and all that you guys are doing is great. The problem with fuels is storage. If you are going to use it quickly, not a big deal. So, idealy you only want to purchase what you will use in the short term. I am a big believer in keeping fuel fresh. I have used 5 gallon cans, plasitc, metal, and now use a 30 gallon drum that I put in the back of my pickup and take to the bulk fuel plant to fill up. I then pull tractor loader to edge of tail gate and slide the drum into the loader. I then put it on a 4 wheel dolly as we all see on harbor freight. Put a big long hose on it with a crank. I have some large tractors so filling them uses all the fuel.
So, I think the solution is to be able to transport your own fuel but make it easy to do. Here is my solution:

FREE SHIPPING — Acme Trailer 275-Gallon Refueling Center, Model# ULEG275 | Fuel Transfer + Storage Tanks | Northern Tool + Equipment

This one is expensive, but I have seen used ones around. This would allow you to get what you want, when you want, how much you want, no lifting, no transfer, the best of all worlds.

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #79  
bialecki said:
After about 9 months of owning the 30 gallon caddy I don't have condensation nor other water in the tank. It does not have a drain in the bottom. I just add Diesel treatment that you can get at Walmart and it absorbs whatever water may be in the fuel, so no problem to date.

If you have any questions with the Northern diesel pump PM me and I'll help if I can.
Thanks for all the information from your post in this thread.
It was a great help to me in getting my set up completed.
== L B ==

/ My Diesel Storage and Transfer Set-up #80  
PitbullMidwest said:
You have to load them from your camera to your computer first and then follow the instructions from the FAQ as follows:

"To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip.

After posting, the image attachments may display a thumbnail, depending on the forum settings. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon."
Thanks for this info.
As a result I was able to post the 3 pictures of my set up.
One thing I noticed is when i click on the file link in the post to view the picture the picture is very large and sort of distorted.
Is there any way to resize them when posting?

To those of you who have viewed my pictures how did they appear to you?
Just trying to determine if they are posting OK !

Last edited: