My father has fallen and can't get up

/ My father has fallen and can't get up #11  
They want to die in the home, never being put in long term care to die. If they want to stay in there long term, they're going to need a first floor everything. She just wanted a bathroom, she wanted a room half this size, only the first 2 windows. But if you're gonna do it, why not just bang everything out in one go? Put a big walk in shower, put a laundry room in it, so you don't have to go down to the basement at all.

The pocket door will be 36", the floor will be one continuous floor even into the shower, and the new floor will butt up against the existing floor, so there will be no ledge to go over. He will be able to wheel from the back room right into the shower or to the toilet with no obstructions. There will be plenty of room for him to spin in circles in the bathroom if he wants. The floor will have a slight pitch to the shower drain so the water will drain, but no ledges at all so he can roll in and transfer directly to a shower seat.

THe goal is to be able to wheelchair everywhere without any ledges or lines. Floor will be all continuous tile from the shower, toilet, floor, etc.

When you’re done build me one.

/ My father has fallen and can't get up
Thank you for all the well wishes. He is getting better, he's determined and very strong willed. Which is why I need to get this done sooner rather than later so he can come home safely. Combined with the fact that the weather is going to **** pretty quick. Today was 60's, tomorrow is 50's, and after that it's 40's and below. Having a missing wall will bleed heat even with plastic sheeting up, and they use oil heat and as many know, oil is top dollar right now.

Speaking of heat, After the concrete is poured, I want to do an electric radiant floor heating system. I have 1/2" for grout and 1/4" for tile built into the forms pour level. The closest forced air heat register is in the dining room which opens to the sun room, and then this bathroom. So while I'm insulating the hell out of this thing with floor and wall insulation, I can't count on it being warm enough in the colder months on it's own. My plan is to find a wire system less than 1/2" so I can tape down to the floor then bury it in the grout. The challenge is, I am unfamiliar with such systems, so any input is welcome on such a system. I'd rather it be thermostatically controlled, but on demand is ok if the difference in prices are astronomical between the two.

I'm having the guy who helped with my garage help me with this. He's an expert in all forms of construction, but is older and retired. He lost his footing earlier today and would have fallen and been impaled onto the exposed rebar had I not grabbed him and pulled him up at the last second. I am concerned for his safety so I'd like to have him do as little heavy labor as possible. It wasn't the first time I caught him falling on this project, he trips a lot.

I know a lot of folks here are more advanced as age goes. Please, know your re-evaluate your limits periodically, don't want anyone getting hurt. Ask for help when you can.

/ My father has fallen and can't get up #13  
If you have not poured the concrete yet (no pic of it) could you put PEX in the floor for hot water heating or some other heating elements?
/edit
And are you putting insulation under the concrete?

If you have not poured the concrete yet (no pic of it) could you put PEX in the floor for hot water heating or some other heating elements?
/edit
And are you putting insulation under the concrete?
I don't want to do the pex in concrete for hot water heat, it's a bit more complicated than I want to deal with. I've seen wire systems that are a bit easier. I hear it doesn't have as much heating capacity but I don't need as much heating capacity as say a cold building.

Yes, insulation will be under the concrete as well.

/ My father has fallen and can't get up #15  
They want to die in the home, never being put in long term care to die. If they want to stay in there long term, they're going to need a first floor everything. She just wanted a bathroom, she wanted a room half this size, only the first 2 windows. But if you're gonna do it, why not just bang everything out in one go? Put a big walk in shower, put a laundry room in it, so you don't have to go down to the basement at all.

The pocket door will be 36", the floor will be one continuous floor even into the shower, and the new floor will butt up against the existing floor, so there will be no ledge to go over. He will be able to wheel from the back room right into the shower or to the toilet with no obstructions. There will be plenty of room for him to spin in circles in the bathroom if he wants. The floor will have a slight pitch to the shower drain so the water will drain, but no ledges at all so he can roll in and transfer directly to a shower seat.

THe goal is to be able to wheelchair everywhere without any ledges or lines. Floor will be all continuous tile from the shower, toilet, floor, etc.
You are a good man. They raised you well. 👍

It does get exhausting at times. Working full time and this on nights and weekends. Plus the wife is newly pregnant, so I need to finish the basement and move my office down there to make a nursery. That's my next project, hopefully getting started on that one in january.

/ My father has fallen and can't get up #17  
Broke my femur in 1978.

/ My father has fallen and can't get up #18  
The wire system appears to add 1/4" in thickness - Wire system
The tape system appears to add 1/8" in thickness - Tape system

I do not know about either of these systems, I've never had a heated floor so can't provide anything other that what you'd find on google.

/ My father has fallen and can't get up #19  
Nice job, it looks like a lot of hand work. Hope your dad gets better and congratulations on the upcoming addition to the family.

/ My father has fallen and can't get up #20  
One suggestion is to purchase a high-quality pocket door. Not the flimsy models available at the home improvement stores. My last house had those flimsy models and they were a nightmare.

My new residence has a few pocket doors that are high quality. Difference is night and day. IIRC, shop for models that can handle or support a 200lb door.