My favorite implement

/ My favorite implement #1  

Mudfarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3005, Kubota B2710, Kubota B2650 (sold the ford 1700 and kubota B7100)
By far my most useful attachment is a "carry-all" - a homemade wooden platform built on an otherwise pretty useless set of three-point forklifts. I've had this one for forty years; it dates back to when Sears sold tractor implements through its old chain of catalog stores. The carry-all stays on the tractor pretty much full time. It only gets set aside when I need to use the bushhog, box blade, or log splitter. I haul everything - tools, brush, rocks, poles (dangling 15 feet off the end), firewood, ladders, seedlings. Better than a pickup (gets up steep muddy trails between the trees on the tree farm), a trailer (no problem backing up in tight spaces), or an ATV (hauls more). No wonder I have three of them, one for each tractor. And they're cheap. MF
20220423_094143.jpg

/ My favorite implement #2  
I agree, they are very useful. The one I built is mounted lower, at ground level, so that I can roll heavy firewood on to it rather than having to lift it.

Mine is setup for a quick hitch so that I can easily switch back and forth.

Ken

/ My favorite implement
Ken - I have another set up like yours. With this one when I drop the 3-point and fully extend the hydraulic toplink, the back edge kisses the ground.

/ My favorite implement #4  
I just pull my ten ton farm wagon behind the tractor. I'm FINALLY getting pretty good at the "art" of backing up with the farm wagon.
IMG_0003.jpeg

/ My favorite implement #5  
I remember learning to back the farm wagons as a kid. I would practice and always would get confused. Dad saw me one day and asked me what I was doing. I thought he was going to be mad at me for wasting fuel.

He said if you will stop trying to back that trailer and learn to back the tongue you would have a whole lot less problems. For what ever reason it clicked that day and I could put those things anywhere I wanted. Some of the other hands would ask me to put the trailers up because they struggled backing them into the sheds.😅

/ My favorite implement #6  
I have a small tractor (NH TC21D). I have looked at carry alls to just move stuff. New are pricey for what you get, used are beat up and pricey. And I am cheap.

I have a 3 point receiver hitch that gets a lot of use moving trailers around. I leave it on the tractor most of the time. I kept seeing “hitch haulers” for a car/SUV for sale cheap. Bought one that looked unused for $40. Now I have a crude carry all. It surprises me how much I have been using it.

/ My favorite implement #7  
I wish that we could of had a compact tractor with hydro and FWA plus all the attachments on the farm growing up in the fifties! (Not to mention a skid steer)
We did have an 8N Ford and one of the handiest "attachments" was a home made wooden sled with a deck of about 4' x 6' and a vee chain to pull it around the farm. It was well used much as folks here use a carryall but backing up was not an option.

/ My favorite implement #8  
My favorite is my grapple. I'm always using it to move things, like tree or busted concrete. I can also use slings with it to carry my generator.

/ My favorite implement #9  
Same here..........

for years my Carry-All sat with the rest of the attachments. But "finally" i realized how useful it is and now leave in attached all the time and drop it when another (not so often used) attachment is needed. It also makes a good seat when a rest from work is needed.

Cheers,
Mike

/ My favorite implement #10  
The best way I know of to back up a trailer is to put a trailer ball on the front loader.