My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,151  
Congrats!!!! That is a big door.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,153  
After months of pushing a rock up a hill, once the roofers came, progress exploded! Congratulations.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,154  
That is an impressive door set, looks good!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,155  
Dat's a big door! 4 sturdy men would be about right to install that. Glad to see it in place and working!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,156  
Job well done !!

Are you going to put a small porch roof over the door ? Would think it might help to keep the door from being weather beaten.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,157  
I couldn't find a picture, but you show it in this video. The stove pipe looks like it goes from single wall pipe, to double wall pipe where it goes through your roof. The open around around the pipe looks like it's framed out for a ceiling support box, but there isn't one installed.

Here is a picture of one. They come in a variety of sizes and finishes.

Here is an article that talks about installation and shows the ceiling support box being installed.
Just gonna bump Eddie's post here in case anyone missed it. I think this is a big deal, and a great catch.

You need the super-insulated support box for long-term thermal safety.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,159  
That support box is not needed and is NOT a big deal. Dura-vent has many options that don't require it. Looks like he is using the below recommended setup for cathedral ceilings.

8'' DuraTech Roof Mount Support Kit - DT840-KIT

That is very similar to the setup that I have. I bought the stove from Acme Stove and fireplace center in Harrisonburg. It is a family owned place with 3 locations. I went into the location in Charlottesville and talked to the owner. And told him about my setup and he waked me thru everything. I had already done a ton of reading about it but having that first hand info was invaluable. He has multiple types of setups in the store and showed me real world examples that have been in use for 16 years. I bought everything from him except the single wall pipe that is in the lower section because they don’t carry stainless single wall. The penetration has over 2 inches of clearance from the Class A chimney that goes thru it and the rain-cap above is open to let heat out. It will be sealed on the bottom with a plate. Probably black metal. I still need to get up on the roof and put the support arms on.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,160  
My FIL has dealt with acme for many years. I think I might have bought my wood stove from them, I’ll have to check. It was built by a company in Harrisonburg.