My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,452  
This is a big achievement and step forward in finishing your house!!!

Thanks. We finished today. It was hot as hades. Not Texas Hot, I’m sure, but today has been nasty humid with zero air movement. I’m sitting on the porch “rehydrating”. Gonna give the sealant a few days to harden and next weekend, going to apply polish and get back into the the plumbing.

#2,453  
Any plan to deal with the cracks? I really like the concepts, but not the cracks.

Cement cracks. Thats why they put saw cuts in it to try to control the cracks. (Control where they happen). We knew it would crack so we planned on just making it part of the look. They are not wide. We could use an epoxy that Sika makes but we aren’t bothered by them.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,455  
I think they add to the natural patina.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,457  
You guys have really busted yourselves in getting this done !! All that matters is you both are happy with your results !! When do you plan to go outside and finish putting the siding, window trim and batten boards up and everything painted ? Cold weather will be here before you realize it.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,458  
That was a lot of work. I was wondering about rain getting in behind the siding, but didn’t want to say anything. Lol. He’s been busier than a one armed floor strainer and sealer. (Who hangs paper these days?)

#2,459  
On the side wall I put up the z-channel above the siding to divert the water over it. I need to do that in the courtyard. Today we are putting polish on the floor. Hoping for 3-4 coats. Got 1 down right now. Tomorrow will be dedicated to pex plumbing. I am sure I will find out that I haven
image-2021-07-31-12:15:31-991.jpg

’t planned for everything, like I think I have.
IMG_4687.jpg

#2,460  
Here’s something to give you guys a laugh. I had my well drilled about 3 years ago. I need tonlook at the paperwork when I get home. I believe it was about 230 feet before hitting water. I the cap today to see what kind of adapter was needed to wire up the well pump and connect the line.
Uhh. Apparently that was not included. The pipe is empty. I don’t have a line or pump or anything.
I feel a little silly.
I could have sworn the guy who drilled it mentioned running a temporary electric line to it if I wanted. I guess he meant putting in the pump also.