My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,221  
The CSV has to be first in the water flow.
He could have installed a different model CSV at the tank, but would have had to run poly pipe back out to the hydrants.

At the tank:
csv..JPG

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #3,222  
Good explanation. Is it the Ron Popeil Model - "Set it and Forget it"

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,223  
No need to set it, just install it and forget it.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,224  
Personally I prefer to segregate or isolate the outdoor water from the indoor just in case of a sticking faucet, frozen valve as the house supply is primary/needed and the outside is secondary, and can be shut down for repair/maintenance.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,225  
Personally I prefer to segregate or isolate the outdoor water from the indoor just in case of a sticking faucet, frozen valve as the house supply is primary/needed and the outside is secondary, and can be shut down for repair/maintenance.

That would normally be my preference as well. I would suggest adding curb stops to isolate the hydrants if the trenches aren’t backfilled yet.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,226  
There are several models of cyclestop valve. One of the issues is that the style I have is said to weep a bit. So if I had it in the mechanical room it would leak/weep on the floor. Also being in the well it allows me to have the hydrants inline before the house and tank. In my head it seems like you could put them in the buried line right after the well but I am sure they have considered that and there is a reason that they don’t recommend it.

I ran the water for quite some time today while doing the sanitizing of the well. It was strong and constant. I will hopefully be able to flush the system tomorrow and get a sample to the lab.
I buried the rest of the lines today because we are expecting freezing weather for the next few days. Today was supposed to be sunny and 53 degrees. It was windy and dark and cold and snowed and hailed most of the day. Weather up here is crazy.

Last edited:
#3,228  
Nice job, did you use 2 or three torque arrestors? I see you have one just below the cycle stop is there another in the middle at 100'? Usually you don't need one close to the top with casing there is not much torque or movement at the top and no issue with rubbing against stone/well walls.

On the clamps, the Ideal brand SST HD clamps are what I use on the pump/pipe and heating the pipe molds it around the fitting grooves are what mostly hold the pipe, the clamp just needs to be tight but not over torqued.

I started with 3 torque arrestors. One just below the csv to try to keep it off the wall. Another about halfway down and one just above the pump. I had trouble adjusting the one in the middle and ended up removing it entirely.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,229  
Wow! When you started putting the pump down the well, I was saying to myself, glad he's got strong arms.....and then to see just how hard it was on you to git 'er done...then you commented that you wouldn't have to work out that day. I laughed.

I mainly just lurk, enjoying your progress.

Have a blessed week.

#3,230  
Wow! When you started putting the pump down the well, I was saying to myself, glad he's got strong arms.....and then to see just how hard it was on you to git 'er done...then you commented that you wouldn't have to work out that day. I laughed.

I mainly just lurk, enjoying your progress.

Have a blessed week.

It was holding it and waiting that was the killer. It would have been much easier if we had it laid out better so that it didn’t get hung up on the roots and brush and dirt pile.