My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,981  
“I only sell to the trades”.
This isn’t the first time this has happened and every time it gets under my skin. I need the 1st and second stage regulators for my propane tank, as well as connecting fittings. I called a couple of the plumbing companies and they told me that R.E.Michaels was the only company in the area that sold the stage 1 regulators. I called them. And got immediate pushback. “Who are you”. “We only sell to the trades”. “You cant install this unless you are licensed”.
I will buy online. I can’t support a local company because they refuse to sell it to me. Same issue I ran into when buying the tank. Same crap as the well pump. Same as one of the pex suppliers. Same as one of the plumbing and electrical when I asked for a mini split quote.

Rant over. Time to cal the supplier.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,982  
I had to use a plumber at work once to buy at RE Michael.
I eventually started an LLC and used that to open accounts.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,983  
I had to use a plumber at work once to buy at RE Michael.
I eventually started an LLC and used that to open accounts.
long ago, I started using my last name followed by Remodeling (I flip houses) never actually set up a business.
It’s worked for me for years, anytime I’m told “We only sell to trades” I usually just have to set up an account. I have a “Business“ credit card that I use that gives a 2% reward Kickback. I have hit walls when I’m told I have to have a license (heating and air supply denied me in the past)

Mike

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,984  
I know the feeling. Ferguson is the one around here that is a PITA to deal with. "Only sell to the trades". There was one location nearby that would sell to us humans, but they have since stopped doing that I am told.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,985  
I almost forgot. Lauren is doing great she is stepping up her feeding rate and in 2-3 days she should be at her target rate. As it is, she took in 900 calories today. That is a huge amount compared to the amount of food she had been keeping down over the last few months.
She is well enough to complain about being housebound and is planning to go out for a walk tomorrow with Jefanna.
VERY good, thanks for the update, and congrats on the new grand. I didn't get notified for this thread for some reason, but have thought about you guys.

Best,

ed

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,987  
Dropped a little video this afternoon about the snow splitter I put up.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,989  
Is somebody cutting onions around here? 😭 Any parent would trade places with their child if it would take away their pain. Hoping for a good recovery.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,990  
Thank you so much for showing us a little of your journey with Lauren. I tried hard not to cry for you guys... but didn't succeed.

I'm so thankful for your family that the future is looking brighter. Will keep praying...

Last edited: