My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,091  
I’d like to take some vacation now. I have lots of time on the books. Just cant ever take it. The weather is starting to get too nice. I am going to have to become insistent. Looking forward to this weekend. Even though it will be muddy.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,092  
I’m guessing your trench was rather rocky?

#3,093  
I’m guessing your trench was rather rocky?

Oddly enough, it was mostly clay. There is also a white sandy soft stone that disolves when you cut into it. Sometimes it is stone and sometimes it is sand

#3,094  
I got the line flagged yesterday for power to come in.
They use a trencher with a 2 foot wide bucket and bury the cable 24 inches deep. If I would have wanted the water line in there they would have separated them by that 24 inches both buried at 24 inches depth.

I need to cross their line with my well line for one of the hydrants so I am digging below them before they do their trench.
I have been gathering my supplies all week. And plan to get the water line from house run all the way to well, pitless adapter installed and all three hydrants installed. Lowes was out of 10 g wire so I am going to put in the consuit and pull a bull line thru it and work on sourcing that wire this week.
I also need to do a test run on my septic tank pump. We have a two stage septic with the second stage being a 600 gallon fiberglass tank with a pump that perks the effluent with air. The wire was run from it to the house so I have to rig up a plug and send a video of the test to the designer of our field. So that he can finish the paperwork for our septic. If I can accomplish all that in my weekend, then, I’ve had a heck of a weekend.

#3,095  
Forgot the picture

IMG_6427.jpg

IMG_6426.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,097  
How long is the power run coming into the house, and is it 240V or high voltage to a transformer pad? I'm facing a similar challenge and think my run is probably too long for 240V (1/2 mile) and will necessitate high voltage under ground to a transformer pad closer to the house.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,098  
Hi David,

You may have already purchased the conduit to run your well wire, but if you haven't, an alternative is to use 1" 100PSI Poly pipe $110 at HD for 300' - roll it in the trench along with your water line and keep a straight line to the house and pull in the 10/3 or 10/2 UF or submersible pump wire inside. A bit of wire lube on the 10-3 sub pump wire will make an easier pull

Also on frost proof hydrants (water outbound) pipe in one back to the well in the trench, and one to the front of the house for now - you can then extend them to the barn or front in the future. Having frost proof water supply to your future outbuildings is best done when the trench is open!

#3,099  
How long is the power run coming into the house, and is it 240V or high voltage to a transformer pad? I'm facing a similar challenge and think my run is probably too long for 240V (1/2 mile) and will necessitate high voltage under ground to a transformer pad closer to the house.

My driveway is 1/2 mile. There is a transformer and then there is about 300-350 feet to the house. I dont know how much voltage is going to the transformer.

#3,100  
Hi David,

You may have already purchased the conduit to run your well wire, but if you haven't, an alternative is to use 1" 100PSI Poly pipe $110 at HD for 300' - roll it in the trench along with your water line and keep a straight line to the house and pull in the 10/3 or 10/2 UF or submersible pump wire inside. A bit of wire lube on the 10-3 sub pump wire will make an easier pull

Also on frost proof hydrants (water outbound) pipe in one back to the well in the trench, and one to the front of the house for now - you can then extend them to the barn or front in the future. Having frost proof water supply to your future outbuildings is best done when the trench is open!

That is brilliant. I wish I had seen this before buying the 3/4 schedule 80 conduit. Pulling wire thru that conduit is going to be terrible.