My mini dozer build

/ My mini dozer build #41  
I;ma watchin..........

Attachments

• popcorn munchin antelope.gif
    popcorn munchin antelope.gif
    486.2 KB · Views: 120
   / My mini dozer build
What are these parts for?? Will you be adding actuators for the blade?
Sorry about the poor posting. It's easier for me to build this stuff than to post it. The top 2 pictures show the back side of the blade. The center plate is what will attach to my A frame and has the provision for sideways tilt and left and right angling. And yes it will be controlled by hyd.cylinders. I'll try to get more pictures soon.

/ My mini dozer build
20210413_113631.jpg
Inside of blade before closing with front skin
20210413_114743.jpg
Front of blade clamped in preparing to weld.
20210414_092737.jpg
Rear view after welding
20210414_092757.jpg
Front and end view after welding.
I'm starting to wonder if I've over built a little?
I've sat behind the old dozers for quite a few thousand hours clearing land in my younger years and they do take a real beating!
I've got a 4 in.wide strip of T1 to weld on for a cutting edge yet to.

/ My mini dozer build #44  
Here one my brother worked on one for a guy. Terrible drive system with belts and chains. Believe it was built in the early 60's from a kit. Was in Popular Mechanics magazine.
IMG_20201208_175849431.jpg

/ My mini dozer build #45  
Awesome fab skills. Keep an eye on the 4 bolt flange bearings. We use a lot of em at work. When our operators are loading and unloading rolls if they bump into the the shafts supported by the bearings they have a tendency to crack the housings.

/ My mini dozer build
Awesome fab skills. Keep an eye on the 4 bolt flange bearings. We use a lot of em at work. When our operators are loading and unloading rolls if they bump into the the shafts supported by the bearings they have a tendency to crack the housings.
Ok I will. Quite a few unknowns yet. Will find out more when I put it to work😃

/ My mini dozer build
I think I'd have gone with a simple pin and dom pipe for this joint. Of course with a grease zek. :unsure:
I think you are right I probably over thought that one. Won't be real hard to change if it fails.