MY Mods to a BX TPH

/ MY Mods to a BX TPH
Not on my machine that I can find. I guess that I should have explained the original reason for the chain lift links. I had a problem with the point on my angled back blade digging into the asphalt. With the adjustment on the chains I can quickly reset one side or the other higher depending on which way the blade is angled.

ron

/ MY Mods to a BX TPH #12  
638 said:
Not on my machine that I can find. I guess that I should have explained the original reason for the chain lift links. I had a problem with the point on my angled back blade digging into the asphalt. With the adjustment on the chains I can quickly reset one side or the other higher depending on which way the blade is angled.

ron

I don't know if you can do it on your setup but, on my B3030 and Landpride 72" RB, I can adjust the toplink so that whatever angle the blade is on it still is level when it contacts the ground. If you can adjust your top link so that the frame of the RB is level when the blade is on the ground, then it will not matter what the angle of the blade is, it should be level, as well.

I like your chain setup for the lift links. I have thought about doing that on mine so the blade can follow the contour of the ground when going up and down from a level surface to a slope. I wish I had a blade that had a tilt feature built in. Then I could just let the blade float and it could tilt any way it wanted to.

/ MY Mods to a BX TPH
The problem is, on the BX23, the TPH is so low to the ground that if you extend the top link to level the blade frame, you are not able lift the blade very high. The chain lift links solve this problem for me. I have some smaller pitch chain that I want to try so as to get a finer adjustment.

ron

/ MY Mods to a BX TPH #14  
A neighbor has an older JD that has chains for link arms. When using his BB with them to move snow it tends to float over the piles instead of digging them out. Sort of defeats the purpose. Have you had similar problems with your setup?

/ MY Mods to a BX TPH #16  
638 said:
... I've made a few changes to my TPH...

Ron, that's a really smart design. Congrats!

I see that you have a slider/pin adjustment mechanism welded to the "lower links" rather than the regular screw type "check chain" assembly typically found on the BX23. Did you build those yourself, or were you able to purchase them ready-made?

/ MY Mods to a BX TPH #17  
   / MY Mods to a BX TPH
As Milkman said, and they are not welded I broke the turnbuckles first time I tried the back blade.

ron

/ MY Mods to a BX TPH #19  
Milkman and 638, thanks for the info. Well, I guess its time to find some part numbers and order those telescoping stabilizers.

/ MY Mods to a BX TPH #20  
I'm at my other computer now and here is a picture of the parts, maybe you can print it out and show it to the partsman and you'll need 2 of item #170 and two of the #220, mount the #220 to the triangular shape plate between the lower TPH arms and cut a slot in the side of #170 to fit over the the tab on the rear end of the lower TPH arm. Just be sure to pay attention to the hole arrangement in the #170 before you make the slot, be sure you slot the correct end. Hope this is a help, I know you'll like the results.

Attachments

• Stabilizer Links.jpg
    Stabilizer Links.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 584