My new counterweight

/ My new counterweight #1  

Adiredneck

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3400DT, Kubota L5240
Ever since I can remember, I have seen these weights at my grandparent's home. I remember trying to pick up one side of them with my cousins. This could Saturday I asked my grandmother if I could have them. I think they used to go to my grandfathers' Allis Chalmers dozer.

Best guess estimate is that each plate weighs 150-200#, plus 100# for the carrier for a total of about 750# to 1100#.

This is what my tractor has needed since I bought it. My tires are loaded, but it is a whole different machine now. I just need some Orange paint & a slight bump in hydraulic pressure now that I can handle the load.

Attachments

• DSCN0736.JPG
    DSCN0736.JPG
    981.9 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCN0737.JPG
    DSCN0737.JPG
    991.3 KB · Views: 682
  • DSCN0738.JPG
    DSCN0738.JPG
    989.4 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCN0739.JPG
    DSCN0739.JPG
    996 KB · Views: 340
   / My new counterweight #2  
1100# weight on the back with loaded tires? Wow, What are you doing with the front end that you need that much in the back?

/ My new counterweight
Keeping the tractor "shiny side up". Most of my property is at the top of a mountain. I have to climb up a winding logging road to get to the top. If I end up with too much weight, I can just unbolt & remove as many of the plates as I need.

/ My new counterweight #4  
Looks like you should be able to keep the tires on the ground with those on there. I think we all wish we could find a few of these stacks setting around.

/ My new counterweight #5  
Hey, That hardware sure looks familiar;) ( work for Verizon:D)

/ My new counterweight #6  
kennyd
I agree with commit about Verizon,
retired after 34 1/2 yrs woriking northern wv,westernd md , all around DC area for training ,any place else they would send me.
In the CST group for last 10-11 yrs and old pbx, then special service group.

Glad it get away , Miss all the friends

/ My new counterweight #7  
kennyd
I agree with commit about Verizon,
retired after 34 1/2 yrs woriking northern wv,westernd md , all around DC area for training ,any place else they would send me.
In the CST group for last 10-11 yrs and old pbx, then special service group.

Glad it get away , Miss all the friends

Cool! 21.5 years for me as a CST in the BMET area-just do Fiber & Electronics for the last 15 or so...NO FIOS/FTTP though

/ My new counterweight #8  
Nice job!
If it was me, I would loose the fluid in the tires with all of the problems it causes, now that you have all of the new counter weights.

/ My new counterweight
Sorry to dissapoint you guys. Time Warner Cable.

GE222: I have Rimguard. Does that damage wheels, or did you mean Calcium?