My new Garage/Barn project

/ My new Garage/Barn project #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
26X32 Garage and Barn for my stuff with second floor for storage and guests.

Started digging for footings on monday and completed tuesday.

He ended up hitting ledge on the back corner, but we'll tie into that as it won't be moving anytime soon.

Hopefully the weather allows for pouring footings on wednesday and walls on thursday. (fingers crossed)

It's sure is nice to start to see some action. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 440
   / My new Garage/Barn project #2  
Did you get to "work" with the trackhoe? Nice project... looking forward to seeing progress. :thumbsup:

/ My new Garage/Barn project #3  
please post alot of pic thats the size im looking to put up thanks

/ My new Garage/Barn project
I did not use my SCUT to dig the footings and after hitting the ledge on the back corner, I'm glad I opted for the pro. My small tlb would not have been able to dig in that area. There will be plenty of material for my machine to move around further down the road.

Decided to drop the front of the garage down to allow for frost wall on front and to not make the driveway any MORE of an incline.

Ready for walls today!

8' (4 out of ground) on hillside.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 437
The form guys formed the frost walls on thursday, but Mother Nature and her rain kept them from pouring until this am.

Another step along. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 365
   / My new Garage/Barn project #6  
Wow, there's some serious walls.....how thick are they..??...and Tall..??

Wow, there's some serious walls.....how thick are they..??...and Tall..??

The walls are 8" thick and vary from 3' tall to 8' against the hill. Tough lot, so we're doing the best we can with what we've got, but we love the area.

/ My new Garage/Barn project #8  
Great project. I love how you are working in such a dificult location, but making it happen anyway!!!!!

Eddie

/ My new Garage/Barn project #9  
Those Redimix Trucks must've had fun.......A buddy works for Redimix Co's and he's told me crazy stories of some of the deliveries in the past....:confused2:

Great project. I love how you are working in such a dificult location, but making it happen anyway!!!!!
Eddie
Thanks Eddie, Coming from you means alot!!

Those Redimix Trucks must've had fun.......A buddy works for Redimix Co's and he's told me crazy stories of some of the deliveries in the past....:confused2:

yea, the form guy wanted me to hire a $800 pumper to make his life easier AFTER he came to the site, quoted it and then formed it, I said no, we'll build a 3' ramp for the Redimix truck and you have to spread it, which they did.

Hated to be a jerk, but.... You saw the site and didn't mention a pumper? :cool:

They took the forms off today and I'll coat the outside walls monday.

I also came across some pix of the start of the driveway up to the new garage, that's a pro clearing, carving and then me with my SCUT digging the ditch to a lower area. The new driveway and garage is on the opposite side of our other drive, so we won't be using this drive for everyday use, just me and my toys!

Attachments

• DSCN0830.jpg
    DSCN0830.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCN0836.jpg
    DSCN0836.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN0871.jpg
    DSCN0871.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 400