My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #111  
Looking at a 1211-72 side discharge. I see some of you guys are mowing thru 8" grass with a 72" deck. Anyone having issues with not enough power. 24.8HP & 72" deck seems sketchy to me.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower
Looking at a 1211-72 side discharge. I see some of you guys are mowing thru 8" grass with a 72" deck. Anyone having issues with not enough power. 24.8HP & 72" deck seems sketchy to me.

Nope, no problem. Plenty of power.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #113  
I have found no need for more power with a 72". Mowed foot high wet Bluegrass. I put PRO blades on to try and you can tell they take a little more but still OK. I don't mow as fast as it will go though.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #114  
I did the same as Brown Dog (removed flaps and Gator blades), and have not yet had an issue with heat, I mow for about 3 hours every 5-7 days depending on the weather. I always blow the whole mower out though after every use.
The cut is OK, still can not cut if the grass is any bit wet (clumping) and it always leaves a little trail of clippings in thick taller grass.
Going to put Tweels on it and use it for cutting around the fence lines and trees in the fields and such, basically anywhere that a 菟erfect cut isn稚 needed. Will also cut a few places around the pool.

Picking up a Scag V-ride II 61 with an OCDC flap and use that for the manicured lawn and landscaped areas (about 3 acres).

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #115  

I didn’t want a Tier4 Emissions on a mower so I bought the ZD1211.
It has plenty of power on flat ground cutting weekly.
I have some steep hills / banks & it definitely needs more power there because it slows ground speed way down.
So it all depends how often you cut & how steep your terrain is IMHO.
I Mow 8-9hrs every week on my Zero not counting what I Bush Hog with Tractor.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #116  
Very interesting reading. I have a 12 year old ZD1800 and mowing a neighbors two acres yesterday I realized that I could use more power and perhaps a larger deck. My ZD 1800 has a 54" deck. Additionally with some neck and arm nerve damage the peddle lift for the deck is appealing. Appreciate the comments on rear verses side discharge. My normal mowing is a 1 acre lot but I also have responsibilities to share in the mowing of our community grass runway.
Question did anyone ask their dealer could the air ride seat be retrofitted to the ZD 1211 mower?

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #117  
Again thanks to all, I just made a deal with the Ewald Kubota in Seguin and they are giving me a great trade in on my 12 year old ZD 1800 on a ZD1211 side discharge 60" deck with work lights. Still trying to decide on a canopy. Negative side, trees in the yard, positive side its hot and sunny in Texas. They are also exchanging my ZD1800 maintenance manual for one for the new mower. Great people to work with but I also have a BX 2680 and a RTV 500 etc.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #118  
I have found no need for more power with a 72". Mowed foot high wet Bluegrass. I put PRO blades on to try and you can tell they take a little more but still OK. I don't mow as fast as it will go though.

What did you do, modify the pro blades to fit ?

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #119  
8 hrs on my recently purchased ZD1211, wish I’d done three things different:
(1) Concerned about being under powered I chose the 60” over 72”.
Trimming in pasture, out of curiosity, I purposely ventured into some tall thick stuff - went through it like a champ. Motor barely changed its tune, but the deck didn’t discharge the grass as quick as I’d liked, so possible choking situation. (Keep in mind this is thick tall stuff normally cut with tractor & rotary cutter.)
(2) Definitely wish I had chosen a rear discharge. Will have to modify grass deflector before it gets ripped off.
(3) Why didn’t I buy a ZTR years ago? Often stated that we need a Cat dozer with a belly mower attachment around our property. Got the ZD1211 in a couple of muddy spots that our GR 2120 wouldn't have even spun a wheel, but it’s a lop sided trade when you compare cutting times.
All in all, VERY happy ZD owner!

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #120  
I love the Rear Discharge not holding clippings while cutting tall thick grass with all the rubber flaps removed.

I Fluid Filled the Rear Tires that helps traction tremendously BUT very little in mud lol

Last edited: