My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
I got tired of adding posts and photos to my various project threads, so I started a "master" thread here.
One last time, here is a link to flood photos from the last two weeks..........http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/237303-texas-spring-summer-thread-636.html post #6351.

It's been so wet here, I haven't been able to burn the debris pile from April's tornado. So, today in the MUD, I decided to clear out some elm and sweetgum trees to make room for a new, huge, burn pile. It's behind the duck pond and spoils pile. 6-4-16 New Burn Pile.jpg6-4-16 New Burn Pile Taking Shape.jpg6-4-16 CAT mucking mud back into hole.jpg6-4-16 CAT Took Down Huge Sweetgum.jpg

What tickles me most is this photo...6-4-16 My Footprint After CAT Footprint.jpg
My foot sunk 4 inches deeper than the CAT's footprint. Being in the bottom of ponds is why I bought the CAT. The photo just proves the CAT will be okay where ever I can walk. A couple of steps over, I had to stop and pull my foot and boot up from over 6 inches of muck. I almost fell over, carrying the camera.

The Big RED Beast had the grapple on the FEL to move the cut up trees to the new burn pile. She did alright in the mud, but with a load in the grapple, she sunk down too far. So I need to speed up my plans to buy a hydraulic thumb for the CAT. Basically the Beast just carried my camera, chain saw, saw supplies, and my water bottle today!

I bedded the CAT down for the night, on the duck pond's spoils pile. 6-4-16 CAT Bedding Down on Spoils Pile.jpg The steel, green and white post fence had four feet of water there a week ago Thurs. So I know the CAT will be dry, bedded down there.6-4-16 CAT Watchin Over the Place.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #2  
Excellent, looking forward to seeing progress on all your projects Brandi!

Looks like we may have some drying days this week and hopefully back to more normal rain patterns. My tractors haven't moved in 2 weeks.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #3  
Glad you procured something else for Booger to sleep under, Sis... That clay looks like A LOT OF FUN...!!! :)

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #4  
Love the excavator!!!! Are you going to put a new window in and get the AC going? or does it have AC?

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Glad you procured something else for Booger to sleep under, Sis... That clay looks like A LOT OF FUN...!!! :)
Jerry,
Guess you didn't know. I posted it all on the Texas thread. I had to put Booger down 2 years ago this month. He was losing weight fast and couldn't get up to eat. I took him to the Vet. She kept him for a 3 days and ran numerous test. She thought it could be 3 different things. He was given electrolytes and other expensive stuff I don't remember. I arrived thinking he would be well, but the face on the Vet said otherwise. She never could figure out what it was. Brady and I suspected poison. She never referred to anything like that. Booger was just laying flat on the floor. He wouldn't move. His eyes open wide at his name and that was all. I laid down on the floor and stared at his eyes. He was hurting and he knew it. I could see it. I also saw all the years of him being a tractor dog flash by. The Vet sugested my worst thought when I asked what would she do.
She said put him down. She left and gave me time to say my goodbyes. I laid flat on the floor for a long time, staring into his eyes and saying so many times...........I'm sorry Boogie.

We left with Booger in a donated (by the clinic) cardboard box. They were all heartbrokened also. The Big RED Beast dug his grave. All the while I had my truck CD blasting out........The Noble Men of Kyle.........by the Fightin' Texas Aggie Marching Band. It took me like 6 months to get enough motivation up to make a cross. The cross has his name and nicknames..............Boogie and Mooch. He was Boogie to me and Mooch to Brady.

First photo of Booger. Here with my Ford 3055.Tractor on culvert & Booger.JPG

Numerous photos of Booger over the years, in no particular order. He was around 13 & 1/2 years old. 8-31-13 Luke Looking at Booger, the ex tractor dog.jpg4-14-12 Booger with a football in his mouth.jpg4-13-08 Luke and Booger wrestling.jpg2-22-09 Getting some kisses from Booger.jpg1-7-08 Booger wanting to play ball.jpg6-2-07 Booger with his muddy friend.jpg6-4-11 Booger down in the Pond.jpg7-9-12 Booger Wanting Attention.jpg7-9-12 Digging clay with Booger and flagged faucet.jpg
10-15-07 Booger playing with his ball.jpg10-28-11 Booger Lop Earred Galute.jpg11-3-07 Greasing the Big Red Beast with Booger.jpg11-15-13 Booger Being Playful in Harness.jpg12-2-07 Booger wants to be a Raindeer.jpg12-8-12 Booger getting older.jpgBrandi & Booger Feb. 18, 2007.jpgBrandi & Booger taking a break.JPG9-27-10 Snake Bit Booger.jpg

Last photo of Booger..... 5-26-14 Booger.jpg

Photos of his Grave. For 2 years it has had a soccer ball (his favorite) by the cross. Brady and I think it is buried in the silt at the fence. In the mean time, we put one of his footballs by the cross. Booger's grave from the deck.jpgBooger's cross with nicknames.jpgBooger's grave silted over.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #7  
Sorry, didn't know.... I know how much you cared for him....

Excellent, looking forward to seeing progress on all your projects Brandi!

Looks like we may have some drying days this week and hopefully back to more normal rain patterns. My tractors haven't moved in 2 weeks.

Thanks. The Mahindra has been getting a workout in the mud, mostly hauling storm debris. Some filling and grading of the driveway so we could get in and out. It's my zero turn mower getting rusty.
hugs, Brandi

Love the excavator!!!! Are you going to put a new window in and get the AC going? or does it have AC?
Eddie,
Thanks. I love it too. You mean the windshield? It's on a sliding frame up in the overhead. Gets too hot in there. It has sliding windows in the door and on the right side. It has a windshield wiper also, but someone (before me!) raised the windshield without disconnected the electrical connection! No A/C, but a heater I haven't tried to get working. Maybe next winter.............if it is COLD.
hugs, Brandi