My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
The Lull has been in a heavy equipment repair shop for about a month. Two weeks to wait for space, one week to get trunion bearings and steering rod end for the left front axle and one week to R&R the two hydraulic lines in the boom. The boom is removed for this. They were maypop lines. One week to get all hyd. filters and fluid replaced. I should get her back next week.
hugs, Brandi

I got the roof frame up back in April. Took a lot cutting short 2x4s to make the pergala style bracing.
4-1-21 Brady's Deck Pergala Corner Shot.jpg
4-1-21 Brady's Deck Pergala.jpg

hugs, Brandi

Oh no. Just too busy to post. May was mostly a rain out event(s) here. Back in April, I put a lumber ad in craigslist and deleted it by the end of the month, as I got too many orders. I made about $5,000 in 4 weeks. I did nothing but saw. 8, 10, and even 12 foot 2bys are fun to cut.
4-1-21 Twelve Foot 2x6s.jpg
4-17-21 Ten Foot 2x6s.jpg
4-17-21 Twenty Seven 2x4s.jpg
But when you get up to 16 foot 2x8s and 20 foot 2x6s......then it is work.
4-27-21 2x8 Yellow Pine.jpg
Lumber 16 Foot 2x6s.jpg
Lumber 80 Each 20 Foot 2x6s.jpg
I stacked it all by myself too.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #405  
wow.JPG

Over time, the CAT developed some surface rust under the door threshold and door post. So I sanded it and it turned into this...............
CAT Rust Area.jpg

CAT Door Frame Rust.jpg
So rainy last week, I welded in repairs. I was welding 1/16" to (I guess) about .080" tube. I wanted to weld it all up, as I had KBS cavity filler to spray inside after painting. But welding the lower edge, I kept blowing out the weld. So I used a broken, 12 inch #40 drill bit for filler. That worked well. For bigger blowouts, I filled in with 3/16" square key stock. That was a lot of grinding.
CAT Door Post Repair.jpg
CAT Threshold Rair.jpg

While doing these repairs, I realized the inside (to the floor of the cab or house) was pitted out. I didn't do anything here. But the cavity filler ran out. Did I mention the cavity filler stinks?
Sorry for the not so clear photos. They were taken with my cell phone.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #407  
I's fun following your posts Brandi. Quite skilled you are.
Cheers,
Mike

While all the rain was coming down, I found this from Black Arms Tactical............
Black Aces Tatical Pro Bullpup Shotgun.jpg

It is a 12 gauge LEFT HANDED Pro Bullpup shotgun from Guns.com. Atlantic Firearms had 10 round magazines for it also. I bought 4 of them. It came with two 5 round mags and 3 different chokes. I really can't understand why a 18.5 inch barreled shotgun needs chokes. I will have to find out why when I got some "free" time. I haven't even heard it go "bang" yet.
I haven't figured out what the yellow thingie does. It doesn't help load shells, that I can see. Anyone know what it is? It is plastic. Maybe it helps in choke removal and insertion?

Also, I really wanted it in Distressed Green, instead of Distressed Red. But after a friend and inquired around, we found out a green one might be available in a year. Or not! Only other color available in Left Hand was Vietnam Tiger Stripe, which was a non started in colors. Oh yeah..............try firing it right handed...................I dare you!
hugs, Brandi

I had the CAT out in the rain last night. Just as I thought, the area of the angle repair's top holds a little water. I need to either add Bondo or leveling compound, so it will run off. Or just wipe it off after EVERY rain.
hugs, Brandi