My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Yes, it takes the place of a cartridge in the chamber and lets you know the gun is in a safe condition.
How odd. What is the use of a gun if it isn't ready to defend you and yours? My idea of a safe gun is cocked and locked.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #422  
How odd. What is the use of a gun if it isn't ready to defend you and yours? My idea of a safe gun is cocked and locked.
hugs, Brandi
They are often required for gun shows, some ranges may also require them to be installed to show that your gun is unloaded and safe before you go downrange to collect your targets.

Aaron Z

Oh, none of the ranges I frequent require them.
hugs, Brandi

I got the Lull back home today. Replaced were the front left kingpins and bearings. The upper kingpin bearing was in pieces and the upper kingpin had a 1/2 diameter pit, or hole where the bearing rode.

Also all 4 hoses inside the boom. Boom comes apart for this.

Also the double rod end steering cylinder was rebuilt ($354 kit), all hyd. filters and hyd. fluid change. I never have rebuilt a double rod end cylinder. I wanted to, but I don't have the time now, what with lumber prices through the roof and me sawing all I can.
The left front steering linkage was changed also. It had way too much play in it. I tried to tighten it once, but didn't have big enough wrenches and cheater pipe. As it turns out, the old one was cut off below the nut. Guess they didn't have a big enough cheater pipe either.

Mechanic said it is the best old telehandler he has ever seen. Said as long as I don't extend the boom (boom up against retract stops) I can put a bucket on it and move dirt or gravel piles. He also said I can block under the forks and raise my front end. So it can dig down also with the boom retracted.

So now, I might go ahead and get a skid steer adapter to fit the Lull. Then I can reach over the fence and scoop up sawdust!

Oh yeah, for $8300, I got a new Bam Equipment cap!!!!! I needed a new cap. Dang it, I should have asked Nageli Trucking for a cap. That cap would have cost $790 dollars.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #425  
Thanks for the update. Sounds good(y)

I got the Lull back last Tuesday. Thursday, while moving pallets of lumber, the auto level on the forks went out. At first, I saw the forks not move with the boom, then the forks point up higher as the boom goes up. So it died on my watch. Now, I have to run it like the tractor. Raise it a little, tilt it a little, raise it more, tilt in more. The mechanic (first name basis now, Robert) told me over the phone it might just be a solenoid. One can hope. He will come out when I am tired of it not working. Should be an easy fix, but I don't have the time to look at it anymore. It's just that 4 hour call out kinda chaps.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #429  
OOPS.jpg
sorry.jpg
big hug.jpg