My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #501  
How are things in NZ?
hugs, Brandi
Like Wagtail we're just coming out of winter. Had a mild winter and I think I only got one frost. Not sure; was not early enough to see it. :p This covid thing, the country is a fortress. Anybody coming into the country has to spend two weeks in quarantine, isolation in a hotel room. Doesn't matter if you've had both jabs. And you pay.
They are getting quite **** about keeping track of where people have been and how the virus could have spread. In one case they worked out that in one hotel two doors on opposite sides of the corridor were open for a few seconds at the same time delivering meals and the virus jumped the corridor. Auckland where this is happening is in lockdown, police on all roads in and out. The rest of the country (where I am) are going about their normal business although we have to wear masks. I found that a bit of a problem when I was out biking yesterday and was rather pleased I hadn't taken up swimming.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Guess I could do a video, but have no idea how to upload it here. I barely remember to take photos. Maybe I can get my daughter over to video it. She moved back here and only 15 minutes away.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #504  
Kind of glad I don't live in Auckland during this episode. Maybe a bit hysterical.

Are many getting the vaccines in NZ?

I have been trimming down the poles for Luke's carport for his baby, a 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T.
Carport Pole Sleeve Fitting.jpg

I had cut the poles to 4x4 months ago. Now I trimmed them down to fit into the plastic sleeves.
Today, I brushed on 3 coats of 8% Copper Naphthenate.
Carport Pole 8% Copper Naphthenate Treatment.jpg
It is diluted 3 gallons of diesel to 1 gallon Copper Naphthenate. After it soaks in, the green will turn brown.
hugs, Brandi

It's all good down here love. It's now 'officially' Spring as we change seasons by 'date', not equinox/solstice. Nice, steady rain over the Winter so we'll have another good to great hay/growing season (we typically only get one cut per year).

We don't hear much, if any, about your ducks? 😐
Wagtail,
How many cuttings do you think you will get?
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #508  
^^^
Last year, after 3 years of drought on the East coast of Tassie, we could easily have had a second cut. I believe that the same will be in the cards this year.

The problem is that, with our typical/normal single cut, there's simply no room to store the extra hay! So a second cut rarely happens, even if the crop is available. It doesn't go to waste as the sheep/cattle are turned out onto those paddocks.

We could always sell (at a loss) or donate the extra hay & silage to the northern mainland States... but, being an Island State, the cost/transport/logistics of doing that is prohibitive. There's only so much room on the ships that ply Bass Straight

While I am waiting for the brushed on Copper Naphthenate to turn from green to brown, I started clearing for the sawmill shed.
Looking over the gully, here is the site before clearing....
Sawmill Shed Pre Construction.jpg

Here is the site after clearing 5 trees.........
Sawmill Shed Trees Cleared.jpg
Sawmill Shed Site Cleared.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #510  
Looking Good..JPG