My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
I put off building Luke a carport for as long as I could. It will have to be moved after I get the house in, unless I want a carport and a 2013 Challenger parked in the front yard. Rafters are full size 2x6s, along with the braces. 6 and 8 inch HeadLOK screws (bolts?) hold the frame together. Luke was off today and helped put the screws to the tin.
Carport Ready For Tin.jpg
Carport Luke Laying Down On The Job.jpg
Carport Luke Screwing The Tin Down.jpg

I also finished building a 3 pen rabbit cage. First of 3 cages. This one has 3, three foot pens that will be for Mommas and Fryers. I have been working on it after dark a few evenings.
Rabbit 9 Foot Cage Finished.jpg
Rabbit 9 Foot Cage Doors.jpg
Rabbit 9 Foot Cage Door Detail.jpg

Next project, building a walk in chicken coop on skids. I will build it in the barn and move it out to where the chickens will be fenced in. Inside of the chicken "yard" will be a huge garden.
Lots going on and I need to level dirt for the sawmill shed. I am cutting 16 foot SYP 4x6s currently. I will cut 30 of them. Here are full size 16 foot 2x6s for the same customer. The top 3 boards nearest to the camera are spacers (actually culls) for when the 4x6s get stacked on the pallet.
Lumber Full Size 2x6s 16 Footers.jpg

hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
Wagtail,
That gave me a chuckle. How is humanity down there?
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #515  
Wagtail,
That gave me a chuckle. How is humanity down there?
hugs, Brandi
Doing well down here in Tassie, love.

It's officially "Summer", and we've had a few teasing days of that occurring.

LOL................You mean humidity! I meant humanity, as how are Y'all getting treated. Been seeing a lot here about protests and quarantine camps.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #517  
LOL................You mean humidity! I meant humanity, as how are Y'all getting treated. Been seeing a lot here about protests and quarantine camps.
hugs, Brandi
Oh, OK. :D

It's very 'normal' (somewhat pre-pandemic) here in Tasmania. No masks, no 'lockdowns', free to travel, etc... mind you, that's within this State, which is an Island. We're scheduled to open-up to the rest of the country/world on the 15th.

The two most draconian States are Victoria and Queensland (followed VERY CLOSELY by Western Australia). Strangely/coincidentally (yes, that's sarcasm) they're all Labor governments (think Democrats ;)) and that's where the majority of protests against the State governments and their 'rules' are occurring. The States are responsible for their response to this pandemic (not the Federal Gov.).

Tasmania's State government is Liberal. Of course, being Australia, the 'Liberal Party' is "centre/right" (think Republican (y)).

This explanation will make everything 'clear as mud' to you.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #518  
Oh, OK. :D

It's very 'normal' (somewhat pre-pandemic) here in Tasmania. No masks, no 'lockdowns', free to travel, etc... mind you, that's within this State, which is an Island. We're scheduled to open-up to the rest of the country/world on the 15th.

The two most draconian States are Victoria and Queensland (followed VERY CLOSELY by Western Australia). Strangely/coincidentally (yes, that's sarcasm) they're all Labor governments (think Democrats ;)) and that's where the majority of protests against the State governments and their 'rules' are occurring. The States are responsible for their response to this pandemic (not the Federal Gov.).

Tasmania's State government is Liberal. Of course, being Australia, the 'Liberal Party' is "centre/right" (think Republican (y)).

This explanation will make everything 'clear as mud' to you.
Thanks for that great answer and to Bindian for the question! I’ve been wondering the same thing.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #519  
Getting the carport done is looking good Brandi if you can keep Luke from lying down on the job.

Will the chicken coop be like a "chicken tractor" with no bottom that can be moved periodically? I don't miss raising rabbits but I do miss the fryers. ;)

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #520  
R.I.P. Booger