My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Oh, OK. :D

It's very 'normal' (somewhat pre-pandemic) here in Tasmania. No masks, no 'lockdowns', free to travel, etc... mind you, that's within this State, which is an Island. We're scheduled to open-up to the rest of the country/world on the 15th.

The two most draconian States are Victoria and Queensland (followed VERY CLOSELY by Western Australia). Strangely/coincidentally (yes, that's sarcasm) they're all Labor governments (think Democrats ;)) and that's where the majority of protests against the State governments and their 'rules' are occurring. The States are responsible for their response to this pandemic (not the Federal Gov.).

Tasmania's State government is Liberal. Of course, being Australia, the 'Liberal Party' is "centre/right" (think Republican (y)).

This explanation will make everything 'clear as mud' to you.
Wagtail,
Thanks for the update.
hugs, Brandi

Thanks for that great answer and to Bindian for the question! I’ve been wondering the same thing.
25cent_score,
You are entirely welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. I like to hear how it's going down there, without getting political.
hugs, Brandi

Getting the carport done is looking good Brandi if you can keep Luke from lying down on the job.

Will the chicken coop be like a "chicken tractor" with no bottom that can be moved periodically? I don't miss raising rabbits but I do miss the fryers. ;)
MagicMM,
No chicken tractor. Just a coop big enough for folks to walk into. It will be enclosed with a fence. A huge fenced garden will be inside the chicken yard. I think a chicken tractor would make it harder for the ducks to forage.
hugs, Brandi

R.I.P. Booger
Thanks hugo454! I still say hi to Booger when I walk past his grave. Which reminds me. I gotta get the Christmas lights out and put the battery powered strands on the cedar tree at the head of his grave. Thanks for the reminder and WELCOME to TBN!

Does 454 mean you have a Chevy V8 in your driveway?
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #525  
Used to have,in an Impala SS, 1966.
I have a special place for "Cookie", my old girl also.

I finished hanging the rabbit cage last month. The ugly, dirty white tin is a urine shield, so the barn tin won't rust from the urine.
Rabbit 9 Foot Cage Ready For Rabbits.jpg
I also found a young Californian breeding buck. Well, he is trying to bred anyway. I named him Bucky.
Rabbit Californian Buck Bucky.jpg
He is a little over 6 months old. I got a Californian doe also, but have no photo of her yet. My Grand daughter named her Jumpy.

Also put a deposit on two sisters and an unrelated buck. I pick them up around the first of February when they will be 6 weeks old. They are TAMUK rabbits.
Rabbits First TAMUKs.jpg
TAMUK stands for Texas A&M University Kingsville. TAMUKs were bred for meat and withstanding the heat.

I also finished building a nest box.
Rabbit's First Nest Box.jpg
Bucky has had a go with Jumpy, but he didn't thrump and fall off to the side. So he has some practicing to do. He is a tad small for his age.
hugs, Brandi

Two weekends ago, I started leveling the hill for the shed. This is the view from my back deck....
Sawmill Shded Sight From Back Door.jpg

The CAT grader blade works AWESOME.
Sawmill Shed CAT Grader Blade Working GREAT.jpg
Sawmill Shed Breaking Ground.jpg
Sawmill Shed CAT Grading.jpg
I do more leveling with it than the tractor's bucket.

It will be 40x60 feet on concrete and 40x80 feet under roof.

Just doing this on the weekends. Weekdays I am sawing a whole house framing for a customer. We are using his logs. He delivers the logs and is paying 1/4 to 1/3 the price of Lowes or Home Depot, depending on what is cut.

hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #528  
Thanks for the pics! I was hoping to see how the blade worked out for you. (y)
It is way better than I ever thought. With the right angle of the bucket, clay rolls off the blade like a dozer's blade. I only catch and cut the roots with the center of the blade reinforced by the bucket's teeth.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #530  
Looks great Brandi, and good to hear from you. I was wondering how your wood/saw business is going. With the price of lumber so high, I hope you're making a little money to pay for your investments.