My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700
I printed mine with 40% infill and 3 outer layers. It flexes but keeps it's shape and doesn't crack.

I'm not sure if PLA will work for it. I use PETG-ABS would probably be fine, too.

Here is how I mounted it.

I cleaned the surface, put the detent on the lever and pressed it down to where it needs to stop. Pressed the detent into the body and held it while pulling lever out of position. Let the molding tape cure for a few hours. Done. 20191004_085624.jpg20191004_085621.jpg

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #13  
Darn... guess that wouldn't work on a joystick control.... Great job!

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #14  
I just used PLA being that’s what I already had running in the printer, it looks like it will flex enough but I still need to grab my 3M tape and put it on and see what happens.

Sounds like we have a couple different filaments already for testing, we will just need to see what works and what does not work then report back.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #15  
At the base of the 3D printed part you could also use a through bolt with a washer or small plate underneath to clamp on. Maybe use some sort of rubber textured pad on either side to grip so you don't have to crank down on the plastics

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #16  
At the base of the 3D printed part you could also use a through bolt with a washer or small plate underneath to clamp on. Maybe use some sort of rubber textured pad on either side to grip so you don't have to crank down on the plastics

That is one of my thoughts, just use the slot and just have a small thumb wheel/knob on top to tighten it down with then you can move it up and down to adjust the height, lock it in float or just half way down.

Ideas are what it is all about.

That is one of my thoughts, just use the slot and just have a small thumb wheel/knob on top to tighten it down with then you can move it up and down to adjust the height, lock it in float or just half way down.

Ideas are what it is all about.
My first attempt involved a clip securing the detent into the slot, but the float portion of the lever sits where the detent would have to be clipped in to work-so it didn't have enough room.

I also thought about another design using neodymium magnets in a sort of gate to keep the lever in float position.

Today, I spent about 8 hours on the tractor grading and moving dirt with my back blade and box blade. The 3M tape still holds it well and the detent hasn't lost any strength so far after quite possibly hundreds of engagements.

I'd recommend designing the hole into the part so it's properly reinforced and prepared for the clamping pressure.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #19  
What if instead of a pinching point you offset the piece to the left or right as a hook. I'm not sure how much side to side play the lever has but that could allow it to be used regularly or slid into a lock position that wouldn't wear the clasping of the plastic

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #20  
Great idea Nacademus! I'm always holding the lever down with my leg when snowblowing with 3pt blower. Would you consider making some for sale? I would definetely buy one!