My take on driveway gates

/ My take on driveway gates #12  
   / My take on driveway gates #13  
A good friend of mine was having trouble w people stealing his building supplies.
He was building his house about a mile off the main rural road.. no street lites or electricity..
He ended up putting up a gate..
One day he goes out to the property and someone had STOLEN THE GATE.!!!

/ My take on driveway gates #14  
Utility left my gate open and someone came in and dropped a load of tear-off roofing shingles...

/ My take on driveway gates #15  
Gates are a fact of life around our rural area.
Hunters
trespassers
Tweekers
Thieves
poachers

its not 100% perfect but its a great start

/ My take on driveway gates #16  
Don't be the person who shuts their driveway gate only when gone. That becomes an observant thief's signal to come in.

Bruce

/ My take on driveway gates #17  
Great set up - quality opener. What solar setup are you using? Or did it come with the opener? That panel doesn't seem that big.
We had a theft a few months ago, old patio set, so the 4 families on our road all agreed to gates on the “big driveway/private road.

Of course I combed the threads here and went with JSJ Protech E8 openers. It’s all solar powered.

Wanted it to be visually unobtrusive. The side that has the stone channel is now lined with boulders.
View attachment 761534
View attachment 761535
View attachment 761536

/ My take on driveway gates
Great set up - quality opener. What solar setup are you using? Or did it come with the opener? That panel doesn't seem that big.

Solar components are all from Amazon.

50 amp panel, good “smart” controller and lithium battery. I chose those on the specs given by the guys at JSJ.

/ My take on driveway gates #19  
We had a theft a few months ago, old patio set, so the 4 families on our road all agreed to gates on the “big driveway/private road.

Of course I combed the threads here and went with JSJ Protech E8 openers. It’s all solar powered.

Wanted it to be visually unobtrusive. The side that has the stone channel is now lined with boulders.
View attachment 761534
View attachment 761535
View attachment 761536
As CW McCall sang in CONVOY, I crashed that gate doing 98, let them truckers roll 10-4.

This gate would be more like, I can crash that gate doing 9mph with the tractor with a loader bending those arms into a pretzel. The linear actuator would snap the ball screw into several pieces too. And those are not cheap by any means. In fact, that might just get stolen right there.

FYI, solar panel theft right now is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Even with cameras in place, there are ways around it. I'm dealing with issues of smash and grab myself. The dudes came in on ATVs pulling a small 5x8 trailer. They got around EVERYTHING. Hoods and face masks made it impossible for the sheriffs department to ID anyone.

/ My take on driveway gates
As CW McCall sang in CONVOY, I crashed that gate doing 98, let them truckers roll 10-4.

This gate would be more like, I can crash that gate doing 9mph with the tractor with a loader bending those arms into a pretzel. The linear actuator would snap the ball screw into several pieces too. And those are not cheap by any means. In fact, that might just get stolen right there.

FYI, solar panel theft right now is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Even with cameras in place, there are ways around it. I'm dealing with issues of smash and grab myself. The dudes came in on ATVs pulling a small 5x8 trailer. They got around EVERYTHING. Hoods and face masks made it impossible for the sheriffs department to ID anyone.

Isn’t quite that bad here, yet…..

Again, layers. Make it harder and they’ll go elsewhere.