My take on driveway gates

/ My take on driveway gates #51  
Would you say the same thing if it was a BLM flag??
I can answer that question. He would stop to get a picture beside it. We have leased public land for more than 50 years and starting about 8 years ago crowds began geathering on it to chant and do things that make little sense. Tour buses and campaign buses often stop to take pictures of them selves standing by gates and leave BLM flags. The signs on fences and gates saying BLM faded over the decades. The visitors repainted several old signs and placed BLM flags next to them. Strange and never happened first 40 years we leased the land but now cowboys that tend livestock have people watching in the middle of nowhere.

/ My take on driveway gates #53  
With volunteer organizations it is not black and white.

Moderators are often not compensated and mostly asked to serve from the pool of active membership…

At least this is my experience.

/ My take on driveway gates #54  
I didn't know that the Bureau of Land Management had a flag!!

/ My take on driveway gates #55  
Isn’t a BLM flag a separate entity, no resemblance to Old Glory? The difference is that it’s not a defaced American flag.

…but hey, the Supreme Court says it’s your right to burn or deface all the flags your heart desires, so…

/ My take on driveway gates #56  
We had to put a hat up to keep the door knocker across the street from trying to give a watchtower every week
One of my sisters keeps a basket of Catholic literature just inside her front door and makes them trade. ;)

/ My take on driveway gates #57  
I
We had a theft a few months ago, old patio set, so the 4 families on our road all agreed to gates on the “big driveway/private road.

Of course I combed the threads here and went with JSJ Protech E8 openers. It’s all solar powered.

Wanted it to be visually unobtrusive. The side that has the stone channel is now lined with boulders.
View attachment 761534
View attachment 761535
View attachment 761536
I installed one of the E8 openers on my front gate a few years ago. It's worked flawlessly ever since. I've been very impressed with it so far. I ran 12/2 direct buy romex 800 feet to the gate. It's on a 20 amp breaker and I'm probably losing about half of that power over that distance, but it still enough to power the opener and 4 LED lights that stay on all night.

We decided to install the gate for a few reasons. People where driving down our driveway to our house and then saying that they where lost, or looking for a dog, or if their friend lived there. Most of the time it was an obvious lie, sometimes they where really lost because my street is North, and they are looking for the South address, which is almost an hour away.

We also where worried about our animals getting out and running out the driveway. This gives us another layer of security if somebody gets out.

Unfortunately, the biggest issue we've had is FedEx refuses to come past the gate. The gate opens with a button, so it's not complicated. UPS and USPS both come in to deliver packages to the house, but FedEx refuses, so they leave everything at the gate.

I still need to wrap my cinder blocks in rock to make it all look nice.

126787073_10224514282907272_633722824207899566_o.jpg 127441468_10224530373349523_3506296054992397405_o.jpg

/ My take on driveway gates #58  
^^^ I find your display of a defaced flag highly offensive. Many police departments won't even display that thing due to the divisive nature of it.
Well, first off, it's not an American flag. So don't be so offended.

national flag consisting of white stars (50 since July 4, 1960) on a blue canton with a field of 13 alternating stripes, 7 red and 6 white. The 50 stars stand for the 50 states of the union, and the 13 stripes stand for the original 13 states. The flag’s width-to-length ratio is 10 to 19.

/ My take on driveway gates #59  
Solar components are all from Amazon.

50 amp panel, good “smart” controller and lithium battery. I chose those on the specs given by the guys at JSJ.
I'm in the process of researching gate openers, as my wife wants some decorative gates installed at the end of our driveway. Would you be willing to share the details of your solar setup, brands/model numbers of components? I'm debating the option of solar vs ditching and running house power about 450' to the gates.