My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day.
Not those kinds of things. Neighbor took to the ER to begin with. But they have their own things to do between farm and cattle. Stuff I need done isn't that important. Working on the shed I got hurt on can wait. I could use some cash ... quiet cash ... the kind that doesn't call attention to itself. That can come from selling the finish mowers I'm working on, but they're not ready. If I have somebody help, they would get some of the quiet cash.

So .....

Went to the PT guy today so they could start constructing the crane. His eyes got real big when he unwrapped it and saw the length, position and angle of the wound. Said he didn't understand how I didn't get three or four tendons instead of just one.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #75  
Hope all goes well with your Physical Therapy. Gonna hurt like the dickens but necessary for getting back proper function. We all like to think we can do it on our own but usually can't.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #76  
Usually quiet cash is hush money. Are you talking UNREPORTED INCOME by any chance? lol

Fingers seem to be working OK. They have me curling them, working knuckles 2 and 3, but not the first one from the hand. Another week for that one. Good color and feeling in the tip of the one that got damaged. Last few years, both hands have suffered from cold weather worse than previously for some reason. Not sure how this finger will be affected there.

Though they say 'six weeks' which would be mid December, I imagine it will be the first of the year before I can really pick things up with any real grip.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #80  
You must have an understanding girlfriend. Keep at the PT and you will back to normal soon (maybe not as soon as you would like though). Sometimes we are hit with "New Normals" but we endure.