My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #81  
Just saw this, hope you are well soon.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #82  
Good news. Best wishes for continued recovery.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #83  
Yep... it does take time... snapped a finger tendon and it took more than a year to be able to use a keyboard... but, thankfully it mostly came back... the good thing is the pain was very little... just the going into near shock when it happened..

I am always working it or moving it...

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #84  
The Wife had her thumb bent backwards some 20 years ago. She had surgery but could not complete the Physical Therapy due to living rural and having to raise 3 young rambunctious boys. The end result: pain and limited movement. Grip is also very weak.

I cannot convince her to try getting it repaired. She is afraid they will need to re-break the thumb to try to repair.

Don't slough off on Physical Therapy. It matters.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day.
I know some (many?) of you have had far, far, FAR more serious injuries or illnesses. By comparison to a broken bone or joint, my cut finger is virtually nothing. It will recover, eventually.

But as irrational as it may seem, I am absolutely spooked out of my mind about going back to my normal routine of doing things in 'fear' (silly word in this context) of something happening again. I know (or at least hope) I'll get past it and get back to where I can do ladders and power tools.

But right now ......

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #86  
I know some (many?) of you have had far, far, FAR more serious injuries or illnesses. By comparison to a broken bone or joint, my cut finger is virtually nothing. It will recover, eventually.

But as irrational as it may seem, I am absolutely spooked out of my mind about going back to my normal routine of doing things in 'fear' (silly word in this context) of something happening again. I know (or at least hope) I'll get past it and get back to where I can do ladders and power tools.

But right now ......

Stay off ladders unless properly secured and always wear leather gloves when working with or around sharp metal or metal roofing. Always be aware of your surroundings and you will slowly become more comfortable working again.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #87  
The hardest part is getting back up there. Use safe practices and take time to think about what you are doing. The worst thing about making a mistake is when you don't learn from it.

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #88  
Speedy recovery.......

I've got five light fixtures mounted directly to the purlins of the underside of the roof.
Fourteen feet up! I want to add four foot of chains and drop the lights and add four more for future winter projects indoors.
It is either buy a ten foot ladder, OR rent a scissors lift.

Well, scissors lift rental will be my option when the time comes. Having mis-steped on the way down of a eight foot ladder and six foot ladder.
If I get hurt bad, I'm done. Wife ain't shredding nor grading drive way.

Soooooo....whew....many close calls out here but they are good reminders for us all.
Glad you're ok and thanks for sharing....

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day. #89  
Thinking before Doing needs to become second nature. I do a lot of things before engaging my brain and I have been hurt too. The brain can be trained!

/ My terrible, horrible, miserable, not so very good day.
It'll be the first of the year at least before I can do anything. They figure that long before I get any working grip back to be able to hold and use tools. Told them I needed to move a wheelbarrow loaded with firewood --- they said nuh-uh.

Not sure if the spookage will subside by then or get worse.

Thing is, I may lose my insurance after the first of the year. I have no idea what this all would have cost, but I'm sure it was a lot more than I could afford out of pocket. THAT alone will weigh very heavily on how, what or if I get back to doing.