Mystery holes in MF230?

/ Mystery holes in MF230? #22  
I wonder if there is similar one on other side maybe hidden by something, if so these could be for lifting adapters for engine itself.
I really don't think so ,As these tractors don't have a frame everything bolts to the engine , trans. , & differential ! & that was quite common on M-F utility tractors from this period on back , & my 59 M-F 50 is the same way with no frame or sub frame.

/ Mystery holes in MF230? #23  
I really don't think so ,As these tractors don't have a frame everything bolts to the engine , trans. , & differential ! & that was quite common on M-F utility tractors from this period on back , & my 59 M-F 50 is the same way with no frame or sub frame.
AH I did not know that. thought this was closer to the CUT style.

/ Mystery holes in MF230? #24  
It could be for a motor mount on some other piece of equipment that used the same block.

/ Mystery holes in MF230? #25  
Have a 240 with 152 perkins, I'll have to look, I think the grease fitting bank for the front pivot bolts there.

/ Mystery holes in MF230? #26  
Probably front engine mounts, this engine is used all over for all kinds of application and it's the oil pan that carries the load from back to front if I remember correctly, nor the engine it self.