Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty! #31  
I just bought one of these. The mosquitoes aren't too bad here but the little gnats are. Last year my BIL used his propane fired fogger with Black Flag fluid before a big family event in my yard. It was amazing. Everyone commented how we were able to sit outside in the pavilion all evening and not get eaten alive.

TSC has the fogging fluid for about $15 1/2 gal.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/bu...Nd-ApXqGYfedgn5qM0sQkLFv-MkEZE1MaAnJtEALw_wcB

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!
These foggers and insecticides always say "Odorless". Why can I always smell them?

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!
Here is a new one I've been using. Works really well and has no DEET. IMG_20190613_090604.jpg

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!
That is the same I have been using, works great!

It has been tested to work as well as DEET but it doesn't damage clothing or plastics.

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!
That is the same I have been using, works great!

It has been tested to work as well as DEET but it doesn't damage clothing or plastics.

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty! #37  
Mosquitoes have to be the filthiest and most annoying insect on the planet!

I have 3 Mosquito Magnets that require a cleaning and rebuild every couple of years. Today, my oldest machine an original Liberty was acting up and the fan sounded like it was hitting something hard. Tore the beast apart and found that mosquito guts and parts had built up on the fan and housing and were impeding the fan blade and making a racket.

Took a couple hours to take the machine apart and clean the fan. What a chore. At times like this, I miss the old DDT fogging trucks of the 50s. I loved the smell of DDT in the morning (I was 10).

I am going to buy one of these. I have the Cutter fogger but it only keeps them at bay for 6 hours next day you have to start all over again. I have never seen them so bad this year.......

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty!
I am going to buy one of these. I have the Cutter fogger but it only keeps them at bay for 6 hours next day you have to start all over again. I have never seen them so bad this year.......

Be sure to buy the proper octenol attractant. Different locations have different types of mosquitoes and you need to use the attractant for the correct type of skeeter.

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty! #39  
Mosquitoes have to be the filthiest and most annoying insect on the planet!...

Chiggers and Ticks are right up there if not worse. :mad:

... At times like this, I miss the old DDT fogging trucks of the 50s. I loved the smell of DDT in the morning (I was 10).

I remember when the spray truck would come through our neighborhood, all of us kids would ride our bikes in the cloud. And someone broke a mercury thermometer, that one can't buy anymore, and we played around with the mercury. Somehow we survived.

When we moved back to FLA, they were flying old DC3's to spray for mosquitoes and I think some sort of citrus fungus/bug. The planes would fly over early in the morning at tree top height and really wake you up. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Nasty, Nasty, Nasty! #40  
Chiggers and Ticks are right up there if not worse. :mad:

I remember when the spray truck would come through our neighborhood, all of us kids would ride our bikes in the cloud. And someone broke a mercury thermometer, that one can't buy anymore, and we played around with the mercury. Somehow we survived.

When we moved back to FLA, they were flying old DC3's to spray for mosquitoes and I think some sort of citrus fungus/bug. The planes would fly over early in the morning at tree top height and really wake you up. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

My bet, you were probably riding those bikes without helmets. :D