Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock #21  
I have the same issue with neighbors 3400 Kabota. I'm sure there is an adjustment, thats why I was surfing when I found your post. I push the brake down, machine is stopped, push little lever to lock brake, let up on peddle and it releases the brakes enough to get movement.

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock #22  
Well, the tractor manual apparently anticipates that the brakes may not be enough as in the section on parking, it states: "If it is necessary to park on an incline, be sure to chock the wheels to prevent accidental rolling of the machine."
That may have come from the same lawyer that had them add "Do not drink the contents of the battery" and other CYA verbage to prevent lawsuits.

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock #23  
That may have come from the same lawyer that had them add "Do not drink the contents of the battery" and other CYA verbage to prevent lawsuits.
Did he also add the label "The exhaust may be hot"?

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock #24  
I have the same issue with neighbors 3400 Kabota. I'm sure there is an adjustment, thats why I was surfing when I found your post. I push the brake down, machine is stopped, push little lever to lock brake, let up on peddle and it releases the brakes enough to get movement.
Have you found the right timing to tell him that you are using his tractor?

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock #25  
Your FEL will stop you if you back uphill; but won't do much driving up.
I have a Kubota B3030 which is also HST and my lot has very long, steep slopes. I am handicapped, so I don't have quite as much leg strength as most of you. I believe the comment about brakes having more stopping force going forward vice reverse may be true; I'm sure you've seen that in a car. It just feels safer backing up the hill. Also, I have a tooth bar on my FEL but, even if it's not on, putting the bucket down, either just digging in the bottom or all the way over like when I have the BH installed, pretty much keeps mine from going down my very steep hill. Add the extra stopping force going forward, and I don't have a problem. Digging stumps while on the BH attachment facing rearward is also less unnerving, and if it rolled I'd probably be dead.

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock #26  
This isn't quite the same situation but I also have a problem with Kubota's parking brake. I have a Kubota 4400 gear drive 2013 that I bought new. You have to really stand on the brake pedal with all your strength in order to get the tractor secure from rolling down even a slight incline. The wimpy little lock/release lever is difficult to release because of the pressure you have to put on the pedal. There is no Park position on the transmission so you have to rely 100% on the brake lock. I have found that the only safe way to prevent the tractor from rolling is to put down pressure on the bucket. This is the way it has been right from the start, the brake is not worn and works well otherwise. I see this as a major safety problem and tell anyone who operates it to be extremely careful when parking.

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock #27  
Kioti 2510HT brake creep. power will override brakes. Maybe I wore the brakes down a little. I have a backhoe also on the tractor. I dig the loader bucket into the ground to prevent roll. Also rocks under tires might help.

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock
Well, it is good to know that it is just not my tractor that has an issue with braking on an incline. Until I figure out if there is a viable adjustment, I will carry the chock along for those times I am in the hills and on an incline - I will be back up there today - I have about two more days of a need to do that before I finish up that project. Thanks for all the input - hope it has been useful to others as well.

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock
Update: I have not solved this and the other day after parking it on a slope and putting a wheel ramp behind the wheel, I went to work on a fence. I heard some creaking and went back to see that the tractor had rolled back about 10-15 feet into a bush - I had aimed it to do that in case it rolled and it did - I really did not think it would roll over the ramp. I have since bought some chocks but have not been working on the slopes since then. The lesson - don't trust the brakes. BTW - I slid the ramp under the wheel with the sloped end in - I guess I should have stuck the vertical part in first.

I am updating here because another member posted about his brake issues and I linked this thread.

/ Need a Primer on Tractor brake lock #30  
Beowulf, you need to get the dealer to look at this problem AND EXPLAIN what is going wrong.
You have not said how many hours you added, but I don't think you are out of WARRENTY PERIOD, so use it . There is no excuse for a near new tractor to "creeping" on hills.
The next time the tractor creeps, it could be a write off. If you don't document your actions to fix the problem, (tbn,and dealer) the insurance may not pay out.