Need a radiator for a Super C Farmall

/ Need a radiator for a Super C Farmall #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
The radiator on my Super C Farmall is in bad shape and I'm looking for a replacement. A re-core is expensive so I looked around on-line and there isn't much that I can find. Is there a place where I can buy a new radiator for a Super C?

There are a lot of aluminum radiators on EBAY but none mentioned any warranty and all looked like made in some foreign land and I'll guess may or may not fit. Does anyone have experience with any of these?

With all of the Farmalls out there, there must be someone that makes a radiator for them. Any advice appreciated. Parade seasons is right around the corner.

/ Need a radiator for a Super C Farmall #2  
If I didn't mention it before, the easiest way to find parts is to use the OEM part number. And the part number you need is 356356R96. I went ahead and did a search using Google and got 1,280 hits. https://www.google.com/search?q=356...lbpqSRHGfbxCTMaqaiz7P#btnK=Google Search&ip=1

There may be some hits that may be from forums looking too using the part number, but you can pretty much start opening that link, and shop until you drop. I didn't go beyond the first page but did see the place I got one for my 140, and that is the same radiator. They had the best price at the time, and looks like it still may be, at least on that first page.

If memory serves me right, they are made in India. I will say it is heavy built and possibly heavier than the original I took off. I did have to trim the gusset brace attached to the top tank, I think to get the brace that goes across the front to hold the radiator in place. Easy job with the air die grinder and cut off wheel. This will be the 5th year for it and so far, so good. Not sure what a re-core costs now but at least you have something to compare to.

/ Need a radiator for a Super C Farmall
Thank you DJ54
A re-core is $700

/ Need a radiator for a Super C Farmall #4  
   / Need a radiator for a Super C Farmall
View attachment 801014If I didn't mention it before, the easiest way to find parts is to use the OEM part number. And the part number you need is 356356R96. I went ahead and did a search using Google and got 1,280 hits. https://www.google.com/search?q=356356R96&btnK=Google+Search&sxsrf=APq-WBukJrXj56oEaF0I1_oZc9DlMZxCBw:1645844271243&source=hp&ei=L5cZYrDGCuKrqtsPmNC3yA4&iflsig=AHkkrS4AAAAAYhmlP4OM9aXlbpqSRHGfbxCTMaqaiz7P#btnK=Google Search&ip=1

There may be some hits that may be from forums looking too using the part number, but you can pretty much start opening that link, and shop until you drop. I didn't go beyond the first page but did see the place I got one for my 140, and that is the same radiator. They had the best price at the time, and looks like it still may be, at least on that first page.

If memory serves me right, they are made in India. I will say it is heavy built and possibly heavier than the original I took off. I did have to trim the gusset brace attached to the top tank, I think to get the brace that goes across the front to hold the radiator in place. Easy job with the air die grinder and cut off wheel. This will be the 5th year for it and so far, so good. Not sure what a re-core costs now but at least you have something to compare to.
Thanks for the good advice. I bought at the place you suggested--American Radiator in Iowa and the price was the best around and under $400. The radiator is very well made and if it's from a third world country, you would never know it.
The quality looks excellent and I'm anxious to join the local tractor rides to breakfast without the fear of a dreaded breakdown along the way.. Thanks again.
IMG_3291.jpg

/ Need a radiator for a Super C Farmall #6  
Thanks for the good advice. I bought at the place you suggested--American Radiator in Iowa and the price was the best around and under $400. The radiator is very well made and if it's from a third world country, you would never know it.
The quality looks excellent and I'm anxious to join the local tractor rides to breakfast without the fear of a dreaded breakdown along the way.. Thanks again.
View attachment 801016
Glad you're happy with it. I too was very happy with the one I got.