Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #1  

WifethinksImworking

Hi there. new to compact tractors - been shopping for a bit. What does everyone think about this tractor? Thought I was getting a deere but I find a lot more Kubota's out there
'96 Kubota L35 TLB
35hp
1845hrs
5 out of 10 cosmetically- stored outside so some surface rust and paint oxidized
mechanically strong
one bachoe bucket.
3 owners
Soft cab with heater (faded but in avg/good shape).
GST
no blowby
doesn't appear to be any looseness in movements
No leaks
R4 tires at 40% both front and back.
Asking price is $12,900 for private sale (seller claims firm). What do you think it is worth if that is high?

Thanks a lot!

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #2  
I would say it is in the ball park. Keep in mind the L35 is the industrial/ commercial version of Kubotas machines and is not comparable to homeowner compact tractors. The L35 will outperform a similiar sized Kubota and the hoe cannot even be compared to homeowner 3pth.versions. Make sure it was not a rental.

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #3  
WifethinksImworking said:
Hi there. new to compact tractors - been shopping for a bit. What does everyone think about this tractor? Thought I was getting a deere but I find a lot more Kubota's out there
'96 Kubota L35 TLB
35hp
1845hrs
5 out of 10 cosmetically- stored outside so some surface rust and paint oxidized
mechanically strong
one bachoe bucket.
3 owners
Soft cab with heater (faded but in avg/good shape).
GST
no blowby
doesn't appear to be any looseness in movements
No leaks
R4 tires at 40% both front and back.
Asking price is $12,900 for private sale (seller claims firm). What do you think it is worth if that is high?

Thanks a lot!

That sounds like a good deal to me. There is one in my neck of the woods that is similar ('97, 2200 hrs, no cab, probably a little better cosmetic condition) for $15k and I thought that was pretty good.

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #4  
Sounds like a good deal, but I agree make sure it was not a rental.

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #5  
That's not bad. I'd check the condition of the fluids and maybe the hydraulic pressures.
jb

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35
Thanks everyone. The seller claims this was never a rental but one never knows. Also, good news is he contacted me and said he would take $12,200 (my offer).

John_Bud: I know this question shows my ignorance but how do I check the hydraulic fluids/pressure?

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #7  
Plumb in a Hydraulic gauge into one of the loader lines , or if
it has AUX Hydraulics on front or back. just put a male Q/A on the guage.
connect it and dead head the pump with the joystick , and read the guage,
and see if it has factory spec presure.

Chris...:)

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #8  
I am sure that you already know this, but here it is anyway. The TLB sries frm Kubota cannot remove the FEL. I was purchasing one of these until I discovered this. 99% of the time it is not an issue, as I would not remove it anyway, but there ae a few times I need to drop it in order to get the tractor through a particular section of woods. I love the set-up on the TLB, and would have preferred it if it had not been for the inability to reove the FEL.

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #9  
Thanks everyone. The seller claims this was never a rental but one never knows. Also, good news is he contacted me and said he would take $12,200 (my offer).

John_Bud: I know this question shows my ignorance but how do I check the hydraulic fluids/pressure?

I'd give it a good look over and as long as all seems well I'd jump on that.

/ Need Kubota expert opinions - Used L35 #10  

.......how do I check the hydraulic fluids/pressure?

Goes without saying to do this safely:
A way to check hydraulic performance is to lift the back end of the tractor with the backhoe - it should lift it easily with the bucket 6-8 ft out. While it's up a little, curl the front bucket down so the front lifts too. If it seems to labor at either end, that indicates worn pump(s). Shut off the machine with the back lifted a bit and see how long it takes to settle back down (the longer the better). This checks cylinder internal seal wear. If the hydraulics check out ok the price sounds quite good.