Need to slow down rear remotes.

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #1  

DCJL

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC34DA
I have 2 sets of rear remotes that at times move the implement too fast. I'm guessing I can put some kind of restrictor valve inline to slow the hydraulic fluid. I would put a male QC at one end and a female at the other so I could remove the short piece of hose so I could have full pressure for my backhoe when it gets hooked up. Anyone know which particular valve I need and do I need one on both (actually 4 lines as I have 2 sets of remotes) lines?

This is for a New Holland TC34DA tractor with 35hp.

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #2  
Some people on here want everybody to use 1/4 hose to slow down flow, but I say use one of these to regulate the GPM you want. You can put it in-line, or connect it with QC. Adjustment is from 0 - 8 GPMs. You only need one valve for each attachment you use. You could use the little washer thingy with small orifice, but you would have to experiment to find the right one.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009102311221434&item=9-5302-38&catname=hydraulic

Last edited:
   / Need to slow down rear remotes.
That is Perfect.
Boy, that was way too easy.
Thanks!

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #4  
Go back to your New Holland dealer. They probably have the .030" orifice fitting you need in stock. Probably less than 5 bucks too. The experimenting has already been done. Nobody runs valves to slow these things down, unless you want to throw dollars at a nickel problem.

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #5  
I do believe I already said that. Maybe he wants variable control. Maybe you should just keep your nickel in your pocket. It's not worth much.

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #6  
I've always gotten valuable information from Wayne County Hose..

Worth much more than a nickle.. I thought this forum was for open discussion??

The OP might be wise to listen to the Pros on hydraulic questions... Sometimes I wish I had when I was feeling my way along!

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #7  
I agree with JJ on this. You never know when you will need or want to change the flow rate in the future.

kj

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #8  
I agree with JJ on this. You never know when you will need or want to change the flow rate in the future.

kj

I agree with you two. Instead of getting the .030 reducer fitting and the QDs to easily install and remove it as needed, get a needle valve and just leave it in. I would not get the 3/8" valve though, due to having the back hoe I would get a 1/2" needle valve that flows 0-15 GPM. But if $$ is tight and inconvenience is not that big of a deal, then go with the reducer fitting.

Just my opinion ;)

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #9  
Put one of these inline with one quick connect of any cylinder you need to control and you'll be in business. Restrictor orifices give me nice control of my hydraulic toplink, sidelink, and grapple cylinders. In the area of the 3PH that's always cramped, this is the easiest solution in my opinion. These orifices sell for $4.95 at my New Holland dealer. He keeps them on the shelf near where he sells fittings and quick connects.

/ Need to slow down rear remotes. #10  
You guys say that it is only 5-6 dollars for a restrictor, but that would not be his sole cost. After he bought nipples for a buck each and a set of QD's for $20, now he is into it for $27 plus shipping. That is fine and dandy, but he could have the needle valve for $40 + $2 for some nipples and now he has full control of his hydraulic flow without having to remove a restrictor for the use of his back hoe. Size wise he would be about the same with the needle valve being about the same length as the additional QD.

So for $27 + shipping he can have a removable part vs a fixed permanent adjustable part for $42 + shipping. For me, it would be worth the $15 to have a setup that would be permanent so that I would not have to worry about another piece of the puzzle when putting the hoe on and off.

Just my opinion and what I would do in those circumstances.

One last thing, can someone show me where a restrictor fitting may be purchased online, I could not find one, maybe post it here and on Jinmans' post about the restrictors. ;)