Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #11  
They make motion activated sprinklers. Maybe they are marking their territory?

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #12  
Before going any further, a photo of the offense and offender in action would buttress your reactions to the fair minded.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #13  
Cayenne pepper spread liberally in their favorite area will make them move on.

If BB is too mean, try air soft or similar.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #14  
I guess if you are not willing to defend your property with non lethal methods that are effective then what you are currently doing is all you can do. You've talked with them and you talked with the authorities. May want to change the wording on your email though. You give them no incentive to change because you won't pursue legal action. Just an empty bluff.

I'm in the remain anonymous and shoot with BB group.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #15  
Just another reason I'm thankful I live in the country. If I were you, I'd shoot the cur, but then we don't have that issue out here.
Honestly, it's the people who would shoot a domesticated dog to kill it for pooping somewhere it shouldn't be that I wouldn't mind shooting. Next up, the owners of the dog.

Amazing that man is supposedly the smartest animal on our planet.

There is this thing called a fence. It's been around for a while. The idea of a fence is to keep wondering animals in a certain area.

Having and owning animals is no different than having children, to have them, it costs money.

That said, I'd be in the BB gun camp. As someone else suggested, pictures for documentation. Then, instead of having the people come over and pick up the poop, put on some latex gloves, walk the poop over to the house and throw it on the roof;)

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #16  
I've never even heard of a dog crapping on a gravel drive they usually prefer grass.
We took in my in laws pets after my FIL.

We have a gravel driveway until you hit the house and have then concrete driveway in front of the house. It's a 50/50 guess if that one dog will take a #2 on the grass or the concrete in front of the house, go figure.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #17  
One neighbor here had a habit of shooting animals that wandered across his property. Rabbits, gophers, the neighbors cat (they made sure the entire neighborhood heard about that), another neighbors dog (spent three days in the county jail). 25yrs later and it's still talked about - that pos will shoot your pets. And even though he's long since dead, there are still invisible dog fences being used, and new neighbors don't understand the animosity it all created.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #18  
Yeah, I’m all about personal responsibility, but shooting & killing someone’s pet is far too extreme.

Imagine explaining to a little girl or boy your neighbor shot & killed your dog?

Come on with the tough guy talk already. :rolleyes:

Shooting a dog is a last resort for when a dog is attacking a person or your livestock. I was attacked by a dog when I was 8 years old. 100 stitches or more, but I still like dogs and owned many.

The dog’s owner is inconsiderate and teaching the dog and the owner an appropriate lesson is the remedy, not killing the dog.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #19  
My dog craps on my gravel driveway. So do the coyotes and raccoons and all the rest of Mother Natures animals. Sometimes hard to find - so much cow poop - up/down the driveway.

Just one advantage of living in the country. Poop in my driveway - not a concern, at all.

/ Neighbors dog keeps coming over and defecating on our driveway. #20  
Call animal control and have them trap or catch the dogs on your property?