New 2638 HST.

/ New 2638 HST. #51  
No Prob. check your PM
Went and looked at a new 2638 today as I'm interested in purchasing a used one 800 miles away...

When the specs say 1 rear remote, is this the 3pt lift? I looked all over for one as I'll need one for the chute on a snowblower...

also, I'd be interested in your manual as I want to start getting familiar with it...

thx?

/ New 2638 HST. #52  
I don't remember seeing a true "remote" on the back of the 2638, unless it's a new spec for 2022 models. My 2538 doesn't have one, and I've looked at a few 2638's over the last 18 months and have never seen one. But I could be wrong.

/ New 2638 HST. #53  
The specs don’t list a remote for the 2638, the 2660 comes standard with one. I have a 1635 and the valve was extra equipment

/ New 2638 HST.
Oh yes they are optional on the 2638/2645

/ New 2638 HST. #55  
If you ever think you’ll want one, buy it new now. If you wait until later, when the model is discontinued, you’ll have to buy each individual part and it will be pricey (er)

/ New 2638 HST.
If you ever think you’ll want one, buy it new now. If you wait until later, when the model is discontinued, you’ll have to buy each individual part and it will be pricey (er)

totally agree. I financed my 2638 and i got all the options. 2 rear remotes,trailer socket kit(may never use lol) MID PTO KIT (probably never use either.......) Cruise control kit. added Rim Guard in rear tires as well.
About all you can get i think. best to get at purchase time rather than hem n haw over it later.

/ New 2638 HST. #57  
totally agree. I financed my 2638 and i got all the options. 2 rear remotes,trailer socket kit(may never use lol) MID PTO KIT (probably never use either.......) Cruise control kit. added Rim Guard in rear tires as well.
About all you can get i think. best to get at purchase time rather than hem n haw over it later.
My 2538 didn’t have cruise, I didn’t know I wanted it until I had to drive a couple miles on the road. Charlie Horse time!

/ New 2638 HST.
My 2538 didn’t have cruise, I didn’t know I wanted it until I had to drive a couple miles on the road. Charlie Horse time!
yes it is nice. I did have some minor issues with the cruise control magnet when I first got it home.... there's a nut that holds the magnet in a cup and it came loose from the vibrations and it came out far enough to get jammed under the forward pedal when i was reversing with my mower, scarred the heck outta me. i went and bought a couple NYLOCK nuts and have not had a issue since! (Knock on wood...) i did inform the dealer about that issue. I drove 10 hrs. to the dealer where I bought it from... shop the dealer not the machine as most would say.

/ New 2638 HST. #59  
I had about 300 hours on my 2638 from June of 2020 befire I put the cruise control kit on and I wish I had odne it when I got the machine. The remote I had put on a few months after I got it, we ordered the kit at purchase in June, it came in in August and in October I was going on a hunting trip so they dealer had my tractor that week to install the remote and fix a small warranty issue. I don't know what they guy is referring to as to it not being a 'true remote' but it seems to work like many other tractors I've been on the last 30 years except it has no locked on or float position.