NEW 50HST

/ NEW 50HST #1  

CJONE

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK50 HST
I am awaiting delivery of my new tractor, [a little impatiently I might add] so I figured I would ask a few questions. I have been around heavy equipment most of my life and this is my first compact. I went with Kioti because of the specs and value for the dollar. How does the FEL perform? Can I use a grapple on it without loosing alot of lift? Also any help with a rear box for carrying wood, design info? I am a good fabricator but know nothing about 3 points. I have been told the factory bucket is good but I am going to use it hard and would also like to know if I can put a higher capacity bucket on for carrying firewood or a grapple bucket. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Oh I also got the 3500lb fork set up for it. I went with the 50 because of running a snow blower and the bigger displacement engine. CJ

/ NEW 50HST #3  
Good choice, Kioti. You'll like that tractor.

/ NEW 50HST #4  
Yes you can put a grapple on it. I have a 60 inch one myself. Some will argue a smaller one is better (especially) if you are going to try and use it to pop trees out. I don't do much of that, but do use it to lift logs brush etc and it's great. When selecting, of course ballance weight of grapple with over all lift and what you think you will be lifting. I think mine is about 400 lbs but I would have to check again. The factory bucket was fine for me, but I would get a tooth bar if you are going to do any digging with it.

Also, as a lessoned learned. Make sure to double check all the bolts. Especially on the Hydo unit where all the lines come into. :D

What part of the world you in?

/ NEW 50HST #5  
I will try to directly answer some of these even though I own a Kubota.
I am awaiting delivery of my new tractor, [a little impatiently I might add] so I figured I would ask a few questions. I have been around heavy equipment most of my life and this is my first compact. I went with Kioti because of the specs and value for the dollar. How does the FEL perform? at 2700 or so lbs of lift I would think very well Can I use a grapple on it without loosing alot of lift? I would think a suitable grapple would weight 800 900 lbs for that size of rig, so about a ton of left over capacity, I am thinking that would be pretty usefull Also any help with a rear box for carrying wood, design info? Several threads on here about designing 3pt boxes.. Using the search function here should work for you.I am a good fabricator but know nothing about 3 points. I have been told the factory bucket is good but I am going to use it hard and would also like to know if I can put a higher capacity bucket on for carrying firewood or a grapple bucket. yes you could, as you have SSQA, you should be able to find a bucket to suit, you will need the 3rd function hydraulics up front for your grapple bucket. W.R. Long is one manufacture. You can buy the kit at everything attachments.com Lots of of other places too. or you can piece it out yourself from Surplus Center Any help or advise would be appreciated. Oh I also got the 3500lb fork set up for it.Cool, you will like that. I went with the 50 because of running a snow blower and the bigger displacement engine. CJ

Good machine, lots of power, I bet you will be very pleased. Welcome to TBN

James K0UA

/ NEW 50HST
I am in Northern Michigan. Yes I will be using it to pull small trees and such so I will be looking into a grapple. Rear tires will be loaded and I will be doing lots of digging. Big stumps and the like I will either use a backhoe attachment or rent a excavator, but I plan on hauling off the stumps with the loader. After about 10 hours I will go over the whole tractor for any problems. thanks. CJ

/ NEW 50HST
I will try to directly answer some of these even though I own a Kubota.

Good machine, lots of power, I bet you will be very pleased. Welcome to TBN

James K0UA

It came down to either the Kubota or the Kioti, so I like both alot. I will use my rear remote to power the grapple. Or maybe install the 3rd valve in the front. I do Hydraulics for a living so that will be easy. I'll do a search on the box, Thanks!! CJ

/ NEW 50HST #8  
It came down to either the Kubota or the Kioti, so I like both alot. I will use my rear remote to power the grapple. Or maybe install the 3rd valve in the front. I do Hydraulics for a living so that will be easy. I'll do a search on the box, Thanks!! CJ

yeah a lot of guys say they like to drop their hand down and hit the remote about as well as the 3rd function control on the joystick.. I dunno as I don't have one. But I would sure try the rear remote and see how I got along with it first before I invested in the electric over hydraulic 3rd function valve/control. All you would have invested is some long hoses. Mossflowerwoods on here has the DK50 and he uses his grapple a lot apparently. Good luck

James K0UA

/ NEW 50HST #9  
Even with the loaded tires you will need about 1000# ballast on the 3 pt. to reach max lift/carry capacity of the loader. Weight on the 3 pt. use the rear axles as a pivot so it moves some to the front weight of front axles to the rear, helps relieve some to the load stress on front axles.
Browse through the Attachments & Customization post here in TBN. You will find some great ideas on rear ballast, making wood carrying boxes, and lots of discussion on grapples.

/ NEW 50HST #10  
Welcome aboard. I have a dk45se and love mine. I put a wildcat grapple and 3rd function valve on it. I don't claim to know a whole lot about hydraulics but I found it wasn't that hard to put on the 3rd function valve kit on. It came with some pretty good instructions. I tried using the rear remote (I only have one) and found this worked really good too. I decided to go the route of the 3rd function because I wanted/needed the rear remote to power my hyd toplink.

The wildcat grapples are a bargain. I have pushed over and uprooted a few trees as a test and have been extremely pleased with it. I found I do need to put a shield over the quick disconnects though. Mine became diconnected as I was working through the woods playing Godzilla.