NEW 50HST

/ NEW 50HST #21  
Grsthegreat, were those pictures taken on delivery or do you never grease your loader??:D

I took those the day it was unloaded from the trailer... Then i put the tractor into an hermatically sealed chamber to be opened in the year 3015 AD.

:laughing:

/ NEW 50HST #22  
Then again, after i grease it, i wipe off all excess...so its still that clean 10 months later

/ NEW 50HST #23  
I have a DK-40 and stock loader and bucket, BUT I added the Kioti made bucket bottom edge to give even more strength and to keep the bucket's edges/corners from wearing excessively over extended use, on recommendation of my selling dealer's tech guy. I recently removed it to cut two more holes 4" from center of each corner's closest bolt hole. I had bent the reversible edge bar at both corners due to, ( IMHO, Kioti's not putting holes out close enough to the edge/corner of the bucket), making it vulnerable to being bent when/if it snags on a rock or such.

As noted below in my signature I have an Igland brand winch and Log grapple. Both units are fantastic, (made in Finlandia/ Norway) and the log grapple is amazing, and because it is only 36" wide and weighs around 400+ lbs. it does NOT take up much lift capacity. I've picked up and rolled back and carried 30' complete trees over some distance! Right now both items got a full 8 hours use today; along with my local pro tree surgeon we downed over 4 cords of ash, hickory, maple etc. alongside my road and cut it up and carted it between my and my pro's tractor we did an amazing amount of wood clearing for view and harvesting of the wood for his outdoor furnace. he burns on avg. 100 cords/winter!!

I also have the KB-2485 Kioti backhoe with MIE's hydraulic thumb and NEW (version 2) Ripper Tooth, which I just installed last week. I've dubbed it "the Claw". It's awesome too. I had MIE modify the original design and add teeth to both the front and back side. I used it in 30 degree weather last Saturday to rip through several inches of frost and to rip/tear out a 4-5" root at the base of a stump in my woods, as a test of its effectiveness. I'm favorably impressed.
I too have loaded tires, and the backhoe, when on, provides enough ballast for the grapple or bucket. I too suggest working with the OEM bucket BEFORE you go spend a lot of $ to buy another bucket.

I just picked up at TSC the on sale until supplies are gone, Ratchet Rake, for $199 vs. $349. It is heavy duty and will fit right on your OEM bucket. Yours would take the 72" rake.
It's worth it, IMHO, for those $, just the metal and hardware alone would be worth it, regardless of its functions; grading, picking up brush directly out of the ground, etc. Check it out on their www.Rachetrake.com web site. It is available through TSC, (but is not on their web site), but can be found by having your store do a search for it. The price on Ratchetrakes web site shows $349, but it is $199 at TSC- just ask them. ( No affiliation with either company).

MIE can also sell you a hydraulic kit for running remotes for grapple, etc to front of your loader. I would definitely talk to them about what is available in a kit from Kioti.

Congrats on getting a DK-50! Real nice tractor. Post back questions, pics of your rig, etc.

Sorry for long post.....:)

/ NEW 50HST #24  
Mossflowerwoods on here has the DK50 and he uses his grapple a lot apparently. Good luck

James K0UA

Sorry I'm Late!

Welcome to the Pack CJONE!

I love my DK50. I'm running a 72" WR Long RGB grapple and I use the WR Long electric 3rd function. I use BOTH rear remotes on the TSG-50 stump grinder.

Ballast is my new issue. The FEL has gobs of lift, but I need more ballast to keep the loaded rears on the ground.

I've found a home brew carry-all I am planning to convert into an 1100 lb ballast & tool box (but I have not started yet). In the short term I'm looking for an 1100 lb 84" HD boxblade...

Here is a couple pics from my collection...

Be well sir!
David

Attachments

• IMG-20111013-00096.jpg
    IMG-20111013-00096.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG-20111025-00122.jpg
    IMG-20111025-00122.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG-20120111-00252.jpg
    IMG-20120111-00252.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 136
   / NEW 50HST #25  
CJ, see if your dealer won't exchange buckets. Mine did and it did not cost me a dime extra.

/ NEW 50HST #26  
MotorSeven said:
CJ, see if your dealer won't exchange buckets. Mine did and it did not cost me a dime extra.

Change buckets with what? The DK quick attach is actually a little narrow compared to standard so a bucket designed for a real skidsteer QA will slop around a bit. I haven't seen the Kioti buckets for the DK75/90 but would not assume they would be a perfect match. Of course you could weld in some spacers to remove the slop if needed.

I would repeat that nobody seems to complain about the capacity of the standard bucket so unless you know your most important task is to load sawdust or mulch, just use the standard bucket.

/ NEW 50HST
Thanks for the info everybody, i think what I will do is increase the capacity on the stock bucket like Mountainview did. The teeth on the bucket would be nice but the I can't use the edge to smooth stuff out with, until I get a box I'll leave the edge smooth. I may build my fork rack with a grapple arm, we will see. CJ

/ NEW 50HST #28  
Thanks for the info everybody, i think what I will do is increase the capacity on the stock bucket like Mountainview did. The teeth on the bucket would be nice but the I can't use the edge to smooth stuff out with, until I get a box I'll leave the edge smooth. I may build my fork rack with a grapple arm, we will see. CJ

I've not used a grapple/fork combo. I'd imagine it would be every bit as efficient at carrying logs etc but would not be as useful/efficient clearing brush or digging out small stumps. As you are a capable fabricator, you might figure out how to make the upper grapple arm "portable" and have mounts for it on both the standard bucket and the forks. A standard bucket with grapple is very useful for carrying brush debris. Although it would be somewhat weird looking, a grapple bucket with a chain on bucket shovel would be a good tool for removing bushes and small stumps too.

Keep in mind too that you can get a very capable grapple for about ?$600 from Wildkat. You'll spend up to a couple of hundred fabricating your own upper arm and if you buy one they cost about $300.

/ NEW 50HST #29  

The capacity of my bucket did not change at all as far as volume. Just that it is now a lot stronger and has some hooks for chains to hook onto for moving those odd shaped over sized items. ;)

/ NEW 50HST #30  
Moss, How do u like the ratchet rake?
What do u use it for most?
Thanks,

CM

OP- I second Island on sticking with OEM bucket.:thumbsup: