Loader New Bobcat FEL

/ New Bobcat FEL #1  

Canada_CT230

Platinum Member
Tractor
1878 Ford 65N
I was in town today and quickly stopped by the dealer to look at the new Bobcat built FEL (7TL). I was sadly dissapointed and glad that I have Rhino built one. Here is what I observed:

1) It is not a curved boom but several welder pieces. Not sure if that matters though.

2) The bucket was much smaller and looked like my neighbours on his MF, useless in capacity.

3) The bucket had the Bob-Tach attachments and they were bigger than the bucket and protruded past the bucket.

4) Weld quality stunk! It was all spattered, globby and inconsistent welding in terms of bead size. No clean-up was done before painting.

I am really surprised that Bobcat put this quality out the door. I hope they fix these issues quickly. I am not sure if the loader out performs my Rhino built one but even if it did I wouldn't want something that ugly on my machine.

/ New Bobcat FEL #2  
see my posts about this already, yes it is lower capacity, I was sad to see it too!!

/ New Bobcat FEL
I read your post already and knew about the smaller bucket but wasn't aware of the crappy build quality.

/ New Bobcat FEL #4  
I have the 8TL on my CT 335 with 6ft bucket with none of the problems you stated? Might just been a bad loader and small bucket.

/ New Bobcat FEL #5  
the 8TL has the same 68" bucket the 7TL now has a 62", when did you get your tractor, you may still have the old loader

/ New Bobcat FEL #6  
Having just placed a order for a new CT335 with 8TL loader then reading this post; has got me a bit concerned. I went to the Bobcat site to look again at the specs and pictures of their loaders but nothing on the site really tells me if I'm looking at the new loaders or the old ones. Does anyone have accurate specs and pictures on the new FEL's. Still waiting for call back from the local dealer regarding this issue.

/ New Bobcat FEL
If it was just a 'bad' loader the quality control person should be fired. Not to mention the welder and painter. I wouldn't let something out of my factory looking like that. I have very little welding experience but I can lay a clean, nicer bead.

/ New Bobcat FEL #8  
Send a message over to rick at Wallace tractor as usual he is on the ball with this

/ New Bobcat FEL
So does Bobcat know about this then?

/ New Bobcat FEL #10  
someone there must I complain about the usual poor Bobcat specmanship, leave the public in the dark ie my CT225 that was 25HP instead of 27. Now the loader and who knows what else