Loader New Bobcat FEL

/ New Bobcat FEL #31  
I just ordered a 235 and so far the only photo I've seen of the new loader that is correct is from user diydoug; It is much heavier through the tube intersection, and cross tube. I believe the max lift rating is up by about 500 lbs as well. It looks like a real bobcat skidsteer loader now.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/bobcat-tractors/168354-pricing-2010-ct235-3.html#post2139455

185873d1289155782t-pricing-2010-ct235-dscf2574.jpg

/ New Bobcat FEL
Might be built heavier but that small bucket is gonna take you 1000 trips. I'll keep my old Rhino loader.

/ New Bobcat FEL #33  
Might be built heavier but that small bucket is gonna take you 1000 trips. I'll keep my old Rhino loader.

I don"t know for sure, but I would guess that just because the new bucket is not as wide does not mean that it holds any less. My Mahindra 3215 has a 60" wide bucket and is rated to hold 9 cubic feet. Kioti's are also 60" and rated at 7 cubic feet and 9.5 cubic feet when heaped. Sorry, but I can't find any loader info for the Bobcats to have a side by side comparison. :ashamed:

/ New Bobcat FEL #34  
Sorry, but I can't find any loader info for the Bobcats to have a side by side comparison.

I don't know about the other Bobcat bkts for the CT230, but mine had
a huge 68-inch unit that was considerably larger than the one that
came with my Kioti CK30. The CK's had side reinforcement, however,
and the Bobcat's did not.

/ New Bobcat FEL #35  
I don't know about the other Bobcat bkts for the CT230, but mine had
a huge 68-inch unit that was considerably larger than the one that
came with my Kioti CK30. The CK's had side reinforcement, however,
and the Bobcat's did not.

Yes I know that the Bobcats had a 68" wide bucket, but how deep and tall are those buckets? When I had looked at them, they actually looked short and not as deep to me, but maybe that was because they were that 8" wider. So maybe the height and depth looks smaller on those buckets but is actually the same? :confused3:

/ New Bobcat FEL #36  

an 8 in shorter bucket is not going to make that dramatic an effect on how much work can be done, maybe 12% or so at most?

Also it will make it easier to cut into hard soil since it will have less edge to be cutting into the soil, so that may help make up some of that 12% effect.

Also it will make it easier to get in tight spaces, and less negative force done on the FEL arms since there will be less "overhang"

Sometimes I have wished I had a 60 inch bucket rather than a 68

/ New Bobcat FEL #37  
Yes I know that the Bobcats had a 68" wide bucket, but how deep and tall are those buckets? When I had looked at them, they actually looked short and not as deep to me, but maybe that was because they were that 8" wider. So maybe the height and depth looks smaller on those buckets but is actually the same? :confused3:

I no longer have the CT, so I can not take side-by-side photos. I will
say this: The Bobcat 68 was much deeper and somewhat taller than the
Kioti 60. I would say it had maybe 30% more capacity. Quite significant.

That said, I think the larger bkt would be great for moving sand and
other loose materials around, but I prefer the Kiotis for strength. LILRANCH
has that right.

The Bobcat's was a cool QA bkt, however....

/ New Bobcat FEL #38  
Received my new CT335 this week with one of the new FEL. The FEL looks fine and I see no issue with it other than this. If you order this model tractor with the new loader and with the snow blade attachment; be aware of this. The new loader takes a different front hydraulic kit than the old loader, but no where in the ordering process do they inform you of this, but they do end up sending you the old kit. The other thing is the snow blade requires wider front tires on the tractor for everything to work correctly; but no where in the ordering process do they tell you this, so they deliver the tractor with the wrong tires.
Both the dealer and myself were caught by surprise by this.

/ New Bobcat FEL #39  
The 8tl loader that came on my 335 also looks fine. The welds are not the prettiest on the market, but it looks the loader will take anything the tractor will throw at it. They are probably not employing certified welders. The Bobcat loader appears to use heavier material than the Kioti loaders, but the Kioti loader has a much better looking fit and fininsh. The deciding factor for me was the extra $1500 that the Kioti would have cost for the same tractors.

/ New Bobcat FEL
The original loaders are not Kioti. They are Rhino loaders.

I think a blind man that had 75 Red Bulls can weld smoother than what I saw.